Froyo is Here: Nexus One Users Get OTA Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Win for those Nexus One owners (who haven't rooted). Android FTW![/citation]
not so fast, users with rooted phones have enjoyed the Froyo for a while and with extras that are available only on rooted devices.
I agree though, Android FTW!

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
I don't know about everyone else but after seeing all these photos of the real Froyo desert I really want to make/try one. Is it just frozen yogurt on a granola/berry mix? Looks good.. mmmm.

jkeopka

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
I am a Nexus One user with AT&T, and apparently this message doesn't apply to AT&T. I did check in (*#*#checkin#*#*) and I still dont have the update available.

sakanagai

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
[citation][nom]jkeopka[/nom]I am a Nexus One user with AT&T, and apparently this message doesn't apply to AT&T. I did check in (*#*#checkin#*#*) and I still dont have the update available.[/citation]

I also use AT&T on my Nexus One. The official OTA update is out, but it may take several days before every user gets it. There is a direct download(link to zip file, rename to update.zip when transferring to your phone) for the update files if you are comfortable performing the upgrade manually. I did the install with no issues.

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
The disparity of versions of Android are making it tough for us device owners that are unable to update. I understand why (individual devices need drivers, etc.) but what I don't understand is why is android not like a traditional OS in design? Like where you can update the OS and drivers independently using legacy drivers? Leaving updates in the hands of the device manufacturures seems counter productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.