Fujitsu driver issue

Peettreedish

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I am reinstalling an os on a toshiba satellite l305d-s5895. It originally came with vista 32 and I was upgrading to 7, All was good with that except for a beta driver for the video card. I refuse to install catalyst 8.5 that came out in 2006 especially being a beta. So anyways I put Xp on it and everything has gone smoothly except for the nic driver and the sm bus driver. My problem is finding out what drivers I need. Toshiba only lists it as a 10/100 network card
with no brand or model number. so how do I download the correct driver if I don't know witch one I need? Please help I am giving the computer back to my friend tonight and I would like to have a complete install.

pjmelect

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
One trick that I do when I am feeling lazy that sometimes works when I need drivers for a re installation of an operating system is to use Windows update in Internet Explorer and chose custom install and then see if any hardware drivers are detected.

Peettreedish

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I do not think that will work with this particular copy of window xp. What i really need to know is the brand of hardware that i am trying to install and i will just down load from the manufacturers site.