Solved! Fujitsu Lifebook A514

Oct 14, 2020
Hi i know nothing about laptops and my laptop that i’ve been given isn’t working? The power is on but it’s a blank screen and i’m not sure how to fix it, i tried to take the battery out but it still doesn’t work.
Thanks

Solution
sounds like the laptop is gone. I found the following possible solutions from another website. same laptop, same problem.

1. take battery out, unplug the adapter, if the adapter is two parts, take it apart. Press and hold the power button for one minute. put the battery back in then plug it back up. restart

2. pull the ram from the laptop, restart, if it beeps, the motherboard is good.

if the above does not work, then I am out of ideas. It really needs to go to a repair shop for proper testing but because of the age of the laptop, imo, it's not worth it.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
sounds like the laptop is gone. I found the following possible solutions from another website. same laptop, same problem.

1. take battery out, unplug the adapter, if the adapter is two parts, take it apart. Press and hold the power button for one minute. put the battery back in then plug it back up. restart

2. pull the ram from the laptop, restart, if it beeps, the motherboard is good.

if the above does not work, then I am out of ideas. It really needs to go to a repair shop for proper testing but because of the age of the laptop, imo, it's not worth it.

Solution