G2 to Have Shortcut Buttons for Google Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]Sounds cool, but is it worth using T-Mobile as your provider? Nope.[/citation]

Better than AT&T or sprint as your provider in most cities.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]anonymousdude[/nom]Better than AT&T or sprint as your provider in most cities.[/citation]
Sprint in NYC is the best. if ur not a fan of the evo, the samsung epic with the onboard keyboard is probably ur choice

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
I liked t-mobile service, that is, their tech support. They were friendly, but at the time (this is probably changed) I couldn't get reception making calls from my house, so I switched to Verizon. Much better reception, but sadly, much higher phone bill.. ah well... GO ANDROID!!!!! GO GOOGLE!!!!

Arethel

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
[citation][nom]gmarsack[/nom]I liked t-mobile service, that is, their tech support. They were friendly, but at the time (this is probably changed) I couldn't get reception making calls from my house, so I switched to Verizon. Much better reception, but sadly, much higher phone bill.. ah well... GO ANDROID!!!!! GO GOOGLE!!!![/citation]

This pretty much sums it up. T Mobile is generally the cheapest of the big carriers and offers decent customer service but reception is an issue, being only a fraction of what AT&T offers. When I lived at my old apartment my roommate went T Mobile and G1 while I went AT&T and HTC Touch HD. His phone reception was poor at best at home, work, and traveling.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Looks like a nice enough phone....but isn't ALL the hardware a generation behind now? T-Mobile should have tried harder given their scarce coverage....this phone won't be making people want to switch over to them at all

G

@scook9

The latest and greatest cellphone has never been part of T-mobile's overall business plan. Top notch customer service and reasonable rate plans are what I have always seen T-mobile to embody. Therefore, in order to achieve the latter, sacrifices must be meet..."last season" hardware just happens to be one of those sacrifices.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]Looks like a nice enough phone....but isn't ALL the hardware a generation behind now? T-Mobile should have tried harder given their scarce coverage....this phone won't be making people want to switch over to them at all[/citation]

WTF are you talking about? How is 'all their hardware a generation behind?' Their 'one generation behind' hardware is faster than most other 'current generation' services.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]descendency[/nom]WTF are you talking about? How is 'all their hardware a generation behind?' Their 'one generation behind' hardware is faster than most other 'current generation' services.[/citation]
Most current generation (mainstream) smartphones have a 1GHz processor. By the end of next year most mainstream smartphones will have a dual core processor, likely running at 1.2GHz if Qualcomm and Samsung continue with their current plans.

G

I was looking forward to the G2, considering I'm still holding the G1...but those specs are disappointing. This is pretty much the same thing they did with the G1, put out the bare min specs so it becomes obsolete quickly

G

I personally know some of the designers of the new Snapdragon CPU that went into this phone. I am an ASIC designer myself and understand that this is a very smart and efficient design, great on features, performance, multimedia, battery life and above all call quality. Team this up with HTC and Google Android and you have an excellent Smart-phone in G2.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Weird, I haven't seen a snapdragon clocked at 800MHz before... I wonder if they dialed it back a little to stay within some kind of battery life spec... which would make sense, due to the way that the LTE radio will just drain things.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Weird, I haven't seen a snapdragon clocked at 800MHz before... I wonder if they dialed it back a little to stay within some kind of battery life spec... which would make sense, due to the way that the LTE radio will just drain things.[/citation]
The G2 doesn't use an LTE radio. It only has a 2G radio and a 3G radio in it that happens to support an enhanced version of HSPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.