G430 Audio too low

Alex_220

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
The first i want to say is that my english sucks and im sorry if i do a lot of grammatical errors.
Soo.. i just unboxed this like 4 hours ago and i did a lot of stuff to make them work.. first of all, i installed the latest LGS version (8.83.85) and configured the new mouse i got (G502) i noticed that it didnt recognize my new headsets and i decided to google for a bit. .after a while i ended up downloading an older version of LGS (8.58.183) they did work, could enable sorround 7.1 sound and everything was completely fine (Microphone is conected directly to mic jack and not in the USB connector where its supossed to be in), the sound was good and i decided to uninstall that version of LGS since i didnt need it anymore.. installed the latest version again and accidently clicked the restart button.. after restarting the sound was awfully low and i could barely hear it.. i removed the headset drivers and unplugged em, installed older version again and restarted pc, plugged it again and it did recognize it but the problem was still there, volume on LGS is at 100%, The headsets controller audio is set as high as it can, Audio on PC also at 100%..
I also noticed that if i connect the audio cable directly to the audio card jack it sounds loud and with no problems at all.. i do not get sorround sound though.. and it really would be a waste of money if i cant activate sorround sound.. (Also tried multiple USB ports)
I could really use some help, thanks in advance

Phobos9703

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
I got the same issue and as I can tell everybody got this problem with that headset, I think its the usb amplifier that is shit. I am contacting logitech support for a replacement with another model cause really the G430 are really crap.

Icko Cuyugan

Estimable
Apr 18, 2014
guys try this..

i was able to adjust the volume and now it shows some improvement

1. i uninstalled the Logitech G430 under device manager
2. restarted the computer
3. after restarting the computer i plugged the USB adaptor and let the computer reinstall the G430
4. open sounds under control panel
5. under playback look for Logitech G430 Gaming Head set and click Properties
6. Under enhancements i checked the following tick box
.....Speaker Fill
.....Loudness Equalization

Icko Cuyugan

Estimable
Apr 18, 2014

Double click first on the speakers Label (Logitech G430 Gaming Headset) then you will see the speaker properties.

after that look for the enhancements then check the speaker fill and loudness equalization

Phobos9703

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016

when you use the software you dont see enhancements there! just a link to the software! and without it you get no 7.1. if it was so easy as you thinki we wouldnt be here in the first place sadly

Pax-12

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016