G4me zero vs dt990

Solution
For sound quality absolutely the dt990's. They are both open back so they should have good soundstage which helps you distinguish which direction sounds are coming from without the need for simulated surround which in my opinion ruins sound quality. I would get the dt990's out of the two personally, but obviously they don't have a mic so if you want one getting something like a mod mic would work. Also the dt990s only come in 250ohm and 600ohm. 250ohm headphones can work with a motherboard with a decent sound card however an external headphone amp would be preferred, for the 600ohm headphones you will need a somewhat powerful headphone amp I doubt they would work well with just a mobo's sound card. The sennhesiers are 50ohms so they...

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
For sound quality absolutely the dt990's. They are both open back so they should have good soundstage which helps you distinguish which direction sounds are coming from without the need for simulated surround which in my opinion ruins sound quality. I would get the dt990's out of the two personally, but obviously they don't have a mic so if you want one getting something like a mod mic would work. Also the dt990s only come in 250ohm and 600ohm. 250ohm headphones can work with a motherboard with a decent sound card however an external headphone amp would be preferred, for the 600ohm headphones you will need a somewhat powerful headphone amp I doubt they would work well with just a mobo's sound card. The sennhesiers are 50ohms so they should have no problem working with a mobo's built in sound card.

Solution