G6 won't restart

Technophobe 2016

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
Hi there- I have an HP pavilion g6 which has always had a temperamental screen - has to be open at a certain angle - said it needed to restart as I was using it I think I may have closed the lid down and when I reopened it now it just has a black screen- last night could hear fan not now this morning- power light is solid white and f12 goes from Orange to white - switched on and off, battery out etc just once it said that laptop failed to load properly did I want to restart or advanced options- stupidly I just clicked restart and now nothing again - as you can tell I really haven't got a clue there aren't any laptop repairers nearby and so would be grateful for any help - thank you - sorry for essay!

Hi,

It may seem like the LCD or it's cable is already faulty and stopped working.
- First do a hard reboot, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then test if it would boot up normally with display.
- If it doesn't boot up but your hear that the laptop is on with light indicators on it, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a display from it because if you that means you'll need to change the ribbon cable that connects the LCD display to the motherboard.
- You can also just try to check the ribbon cable if it's seated properly in the motherboard.

Hopefully this will help. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 1
MetaAzulf Laptop Tech Support 4
Sin arrow Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 0
firedancer4 Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
JBH81194 Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 2