Galaxy S4 Broken Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

0locke8

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
I dropped my Galaxy s4 a few days ago, the glass didnt break, but I can see underneath the pixels separated or something, and the underlying copper is visible. The touchscreen still works (I can answer calls by swiping), but the screen itself is blank; the pixels occassionally flare when I try to use it, but thats it. Idk what I need to repair, like what part I need to buy and what steps I need to make.. I have a friend who offered to repair it for me if I got what was needed, but he also said I may be able to do it myself pretty easily, if I'm willing. I watched some YouTube tutorials on screen replacement, but I don't know what exactly I need. I'm just trying to get a link to what it may be? I search "galaxy s4 lcd screen replacement" and some of the things are ~200$ and others are <100.. do I need to get a whole new front-face and simply replace the chipset, or can I just take the glass off stick a new screen on?
TL;DR Noob with a ruined LCD display but functioning touch, what do I need to buy to replace it?

0locke8

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

Yea.. I realized after I posted that I derped. Also my provider is USCellular, if that makes a difference? I'm seeing now that I'm looking that there are different models carried by different providers (on Amazon).

pablogra

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Hi! What went wrong with your phone? The exact same problem happend to me and I would like to know what the problem is and what ways are there to fix it. Thank you, Ill wait for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.