Galaxy S6 Video Hints at Metal and Glass Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

artk2219

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
As a supremely clumsy human being I've always been a fan of plastic phones. They take beatings that would leave more "premium" devices shattered, since plastic tends to flex and bend to take shocks far better then metal or glass. I get that if you buy something expensive you want it to look expensive, but to me if i buy something expensive i would prefer it to not break if its dropped at a weird angle.

MrSatyre

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
A screen with that sort of resolution is beyond pointless at that scale. What far too many vendors and consumers cannot grasp is that more is not better if you cannot produce a quantifiably superior result. Color gamut and per-pixel brightness/gray scale is key to any FPD's picture quality, and resolution is always secondary.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
As a supremely clumsy human being I've always been a fan of plastic phones. They take beatings that would leave more "premium" devices shattered, since plastic tends to flex and bend to take shocks far better then metal or glass. I get that if you buy something expensive you want it to look expensive, but to me if i buy something expensive i would prefer it to not break if its dropped at a weird angle.

I agree to some extent, although not all plastic phones are created equal. I've used some that have felt cheap and are easily damaged, and I've had some that felt sturdy and were very durable. The type of plastic is important but how they use it is equally important. So yes, as long as it's as stout as most of the Lumia poly devices, I'm happy with plastic. On the other hand you can have decent metal body phones too - not all metal devices are created equal either. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.