Galaxy S7 Rumor Roundup: Metal Body, Return of MicroSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmathieux

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
I have an S6, my first android in several years. It is by far the worst phone that I have ever had. After a couple days of usage you must manually clear the cache to get the phone working again. This phone has major memory usage issues. 10 - 15 seconds between pressing a button and getting an action is almost normal for this phone.

I wish Samsung would fix their current phone and not brush its problems off by moving to a new model.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
MicroSD or replaceable battery are not the biggest turn down on Samsung's phones.
The software, Samsung software is the issue.
I had enough with Samsung stock OTAs on my previous SGS3, Note 3, SGS 5 and SGS 4 mini.
Samsung's stock OTAs are simply completely un-optimized, un-stable, fully loaded with unremoveable bloadwares, slower as time goes by, buggy, etc.
I have the impression that Samsung only makes half-finished ROMs.
Of course you can fix those with custom ROMs, but how many understood even what root access means. (yes, I had to run custom ROMs on my Samsung phones, otherwise, they are almost completely useless only after 1 year)

I moved away from Samsung to Sony and 1+, the software quality is a lot better by those 2. It is like night and day.
My Z2, Z2 tablet, 1+1, my sisters Z4 and my aunt's Z3 are all excellent, even without root, even after 1 year (only on 1+1, Z2 and Z2 tablet, the Z3 and Z4 are not yet 1 year old at home).

jennywatson655

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015

I will recommend you to buy Note 4 because with the internal 32gb storage you can add your micro SD card as well and it is better from S5.

osalt2

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
Anything new in the S7 series that does NOT have expandable micro SD support will become a white elephant just like the S6 series now being deeply discounted.

osalt2

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
Hopefully all models will have SD support. It would be a shame to produce such a nice phone without SD support. Hopefully Samsung is not stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.