Galaxy S8's Killer Feature Just Got Delayed (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF95070

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Please feel free to obsess on the lack of Bixby if it pleases you. As a recent buyer of an S8 Plus, I really don't care much if Bixby ever works. One of the joys of not living in the fenced world of Apple is that I have all the capabilities I need with Google search, Google Goggles and other third party packages I could use if I didn't like those. Jeannie, which is now being spelled Genie has been around for years and does everything Siri does. There are a lot of things starting with the screen and the feel of the S8 that made me want one, but I always expected to turn Bixby off. If it eventually arrives and is wonderful I will use it, but I certainly am not checking every hour for a release date.

Nei1

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
I'm supposed to be able to talk to my chromebook. I found the setting, and made sure it's turned off.

This smells of bulloney: "On the one hand, it's good that Samsung is taking it's time to get a pretty important feature right. Releasing a half-ready version of Bixby Voice isn't going to convince people to integrate the assistant into their daily routine."

The message is that Samsung is careful not to release a product before development is complete, but the assertion is absurd. The whole article is about Samsung having released their phone before its software was finished. The contradiction wouldn't have been discreetly inserted into the article if Tom weren't consumed with desire to brown-nose companies' marketing departments. Recommend putting the consumer first, and let the companies' chips fall where they may, instead of being an apologist for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.