Galaxy Tab 7.7 Pulled from IFA Following Apple Injunction

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]networck[/nom]you guys are such dumbf***s uneducated... illiterate d**cks who don't know jack about business, patents or copyright and infringements, probably that's why you are unemployed and losers.When has Samsung or any of this cheap Asian manufacturers ever produced anything innovative? oh yes only when a company like Apple does something then these cheap Asian M**F**ers go about copying and pirating and INFRINGING on patents..Be Innovative.. dont copy and mass produce and expect no body can get your ass.. shove these Asian companies down the drain.. yeah throttle them.. lol.. they deserve it bloody pirates and copycats.[/citation]

Steve, please calm down. I know you have a lot more free time now... but seriously? Chill man!

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]networck[/nom]you guys are such dumbf***s uneducated... illiterate d**cks who don't know jack about business, patents or copyright and infringements, probably that's why you are unemployed and losers.When has Samsung or any of this cheap Asian manufacturers ever produced anything innovative? oh yes only when a company like Apple does something then these cheap Asian M**F**ers go about copying and pirating and INFRINGING on patents..Be Innovative.. dont copy and mass produce and expect no body can get your ass.. shove these Asian companies down the drain.. yeah throttle them.. lol.. they deserve it bloody pirates and copycats.[/citation]

Hmm. Makes you think.
Just how wrong you are.

Apple is stealing Android's pull-down feature for notifications but I don't see you referring back to that in your point, which actually had no point.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Hmm, dont like this behaviour. Samsung in general always made good devices, and their prices were affordable. Id hate to see them leave a business becouse of apple. Then again i dont care about tablets at all, i like laptops.
I also dont understand the "patent" thing in something as an ipad. Patents are supposed to encourage your company to R&D, not to control a market. What im trying to say is that they can have a patent on the technology used in the ipad itself, but not on the ipad, its looks, etc.

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
If apple keep acting like they are, anon will probably destroy their servers, and angry customers will kamikaze suicide bomb their crappy stores.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]With each passing week, I am growing to hate Apple more and more. I don't like to hate, but Apple makes it impossible not to hate them.[/citation]
Can we petition Tom's to increase the cap on thumbs up to more than 20, please...

G

One is Apple, the other is Andriod.
Isn't that difference obvious enough already?

wcnighthawk

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Who cares, Apple is done for anyways. Without Steve at the helm, the Apple ship is gonna crash and burn like it was going to when he first left. How embarassing that must be, to have to beg Microsoft to bail Apple out AGAIN just so they can't be picked apart by lawsuits claiming they are a monopoly. Bwahahahahaahahahahahahaha

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
It's silly that these sorts of things can be patented. Given any aspect of software design, there's an optimal solution. Just because one company patents it first shouldn't mean other companies that arrive at the exact same solution on their own should be forced to do a complete redesign or simply not compete. Ask two companies what 2 + 2 is, and they'll both give you four. But if one of them solves it first and patents it, does that mean the other can be sued for saying 2 + 2 is four?

Simply put, apple doesn't innovate or otherwise develop anything very new. They're good at marketing, and that's it. The iPad concept, just like the concept of a touch-screen only phone, or even the concept of Apps, were all regarded as downsides/bad ideas by the public and press, and apple sells them to people and they're suddenly a plus.

Calling them innovative is outright false, but you have to admit apple is at least good at marketing. If there's something wrong with their products, they simply market it as a plus and everyone believes them. I don't have any idea how it works, but apparently people buy it.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Any time I think about tablets I can't help but think about this image, lol.
http://osxdaily.com/2011/08/18/tablet-design-before-after-the-ipad/

Kinda humorous ya know. Anyway, I personally think Apple should go about this whole problem they have with samsung in a different way. But then again, most companies will just refuse to pay anything until the government steps in.. And after a while, you just get to the point where you just might as well sue first.. It's sad. So much talent, and technology out there, and this is how the "industry leaders" are, basically, forced to behave. Take the Oracle vs Android matter for example.. Google refuses to pay, and yet knew they needed to get some sort of license.. In the end.. What is a company supposed to do when there is no relief attainable from all the unofficial/out-of-court methods? :/

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Make in profit I mean after having to take each other to court quite regularly. The bills that they have to give to lawyers would be quite large in $ size. Unless they have inhouse lawyers,but than again it still costs money.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]Any time I think about tablets I can't help but think about this image[/citation]

The reason all the previous tablets looked like this was because touchscreens sucked, so they all needed a keyboard. This all changed when 3M invented Dispersive Signal Technology in 2002. This allowed capacitive touchscreens to be an alternative to standard input methods. It still took a couple years to get to market, but once it did, it took the market by storm.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]Any time I think about tablets I can't help but think about this image, lol.http://osxdaily.com/2011/08/18/tab [...] -the-ipad/Kinda humorous ya know. Anyway, I personally think Apple should go about this whole problem they have with samsung in a different way. But then again, most companies will just refuse to pay anything until the government steps in.. And after a while, you just get to the point where you just might as well sue first.. It's sad. So much talent, and technology out there, and this is how the "industry leaders" are, basically, forced to behave. Take the Oracle vs Android matter for example.. Google refuses to pay, and yet knew they needed to get some sort of license.. In the end.. What is a company supposed to do when there is no relief attainable from all the unofficial/out-of-court methods?[/citation]
So did you miss this image while looking for that other one?
http://i.imgur.com/NbDRW.jpg

All before iPad and all have the same basic look as the iPad, shocking Apple didn't innovate they took and changed a bit.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]So did you miss this image while looking for that other one?http://i.imgur.com/NbDRW.jpgAll before iPad and all have the same basic look as the iPad, shocking Apple didn't innovate they took and changed a bit.[/citation]

I didn't exactly look for that image, I just happened to see it during my daily quest to surf the internets. However, did you forget the definition of "innovate"?

"The term innovation derives from the Latin word innovatus, which is the noun form of innovare "to renew or change," stemming from in-"into" + novus-"new". Although the term is broadly used, innovation generally refers to the creation of better or more effective products, processes, technologies, or ideas that are accepted by markets, governments, and society. Innovation differs from invention or renovation in that innovation generally signifies a substantial positive change compared to incremental changes."

Personally, I'd say that considering the fact that every last tablet that came before the iPad were commericial failures, obviously the iPad is the result of innovation. From failure to Resounding Success. Big change. Credit is due there. That noted, your "definition" of innovate is interesting, to say the least. However, as for my on topic statements.. It's sad.

networck

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
ME= Diehard windows/PC Guy.. ME= Never ever owned an Apple Product. (dont even know how the f** itunes work... I have zune on my desktop with a new HTC HD7S ATT PHONE).. ME=? hate apple fanboys, apple products PERIOD!...
ME=? Hate unbiased unauthenticated, uneducated posters with limited knowledge of products, gadgets and underlying technologies and business practices. WHY? 'cause all you guys are prejudiced against companies who are large.. (Now I run a small business so I too hate large companies... thats another story) or companies who are in direct competition or rival your preferred companies and then take sides without any understanding of the rival's products or features etc... all you care with " limited knowledge" is to point out arguments which are small compared to the overall general product information and go around posting in forums like your mom got raped.. lol..GET A LIFE.. I call people like you LOSERS... you dont make a difference.. you dont do anything in life.. except leech off others and then be biased..

- How did Android come about? and to counter who? taking cues from who? (Yes Apple)
- Did any of you know anything about POCKETPC? have you ever used pocketpc to do wifi/chat and TV/TM on it by loading CAB files ? when did any of you ever use technologies in your daily work life without COPYING lifestyle choices and work place productivity tools..off of each other friends and family?... mmm? ( I am a Pocketpc/windows 6.5/7 user and I hate Apple products inspite of its jailbreaking etc but I agree in principle to Apple's so called Throttling competition practices as thats JUST BUSINESS).
All you folks are doing is take cues from each other... and trying to present it differently..to further lame points and your asian roots.. or ur asian affinities. (I am Born Bred Asian until 25 yrs of Age)

Get this.. Asia HAS NEVER INNOVATED except for 1 company.. SONY!.. period.. so stop trying to Belittle American Companies just because you hate THEM.... Asian companies/countries Copy and infringe like Samsung/LG with Korea and Pirates and copyright and trademark violators like China and Taiwan, you take strength AND IDEAS from American companies and lifestyle and then you turn around and try to say they are yours? you copied off of US companies/trends/fashion.. throttling? YOU GUYS SHOULD BE PUT IN THE SLAMMER AND OR GUANTANAMO lol..
This is free economy and a capitalist country.. if Apple has patents so it does.. it has all the right to NOT ALLOW INFRINGEMENTS on its patents.. if it means shoving samsungs/htcs down the toilet and make them eat crap.. thats business.
Sorry Samsung and other of its ilk..you are late to the game didnt innovate.. didnt do anything game changing except to try and copy and think of passing without notice or getting away.. cant do.. not happening.. wont be allowed..so u get ur ass kicked.. will get your asses kicked.. as you deserve it.
Only Sony from Asia has done anything innovative everyone else are copycat or manufacturing bases/contractors who think they now can copy their bosses.. sorry be who you are dont try to raise your head.... know ur level.. and stay under it.. if you have somehting new.. then prove it/present it/show it without INFRIGING or PIRATING.. dont copy and try to fool...

LASLTY.. WHEN WAS AN ASIAN PRODUCT OR TREND EVER COMMON IN US? or NORTHERN EUROPE?
ANSWER= NEVER
WHEN HAVE US PRODUCTS BECOME LIFESTYLE AND PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE OF ASIAN PEOPLE?
ANSWER= ALWAYS AND ALL PRODUCTS ASIAN USE HAVE THEIR GENESIS IN US/NORTHERN EUROPE..
SO GROW UP AND REALISE WHO YOU ARE.. AND MAYBE YOU WILL BE AT EASE;)..

Status
Not open for further replies.