Question Galaxy Tab A it won't install apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2019
It has stopped installing apps. I had the puffin app and it need to be updated, it wouldn't do it so I unstalled it and now I can't install it again.

First, try restarting (just power it off and then power it back on) the tablet? Not using the restart option when you go to power off. Fully powering it off and then repower it. This may resolve it.

Have you checked for how much space is available on the tablet? Not how much is on any SD card, just the tablet itself.

If there isn't enough room, then you will have to clear out space on the tablet to add any additional apps.

May 4, 2019
I turned it off and back on, have plenty of room on tablet. It didn't help. While looking in the settings I looked at the software updates. I have the automatic update on but the manual one says it was last updated 11/25/17. I clicked on it and says it couldn't download update, Unable to update the software. A network or server error occurred. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not.

That is rather odd. Unless there is an error on their end. I would suggest that you try starting up the tablet in "Safe Mode" and uninstall the application from there. Then restart normally and see if it will allow for a fresh install. Should it give you the same issue, then either another app on the device is giving you problems, or the app creators are having issues with their app.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

May 4, 2019
I emailed puffin and they told me to send them a video recording of this issue. I do't know what they mean and don't figure I can do it, so I may be a lost cause.. I finally got it in safe mode but the app is not there to uinstall. It says it is downloaded but doesn't install.

You would just need to take another device (anything that can record video) and set it up to record all you are doing to resolve the problem, showing what the device does.

In the end, if you can't get help from them and can't remove it, you may well have to do a full "Hard Reset" of the tablet and that will reset it to where the tablet was prior to you using it. But before doing so I would suggest saving all personal stuff (files, contacts, etc.) to say a computer. However you can't save the apps. Those you would have to reinstall after the reset.

May 4, 2019
Thanks for your help, when I open the tablet the puffin browser was back on. Not sure how it done it but won't be deleting it off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS