News Galaxy Z Fold 4 owners are reporting a serious screen fault — what you need to know

Mar 21, 2024
My Fold 4 broke about 2 weeks ago. Suddenly developed a black line down the middle of the inside screen and would only work with the pen not my finger (plus it wouldn't completely open). As it was out of warranty the Samsung store wouldn't do anything. Its certainly put my off buying a folding phone again as I didn't even use the inner screen that much and I looked after the phone too.

Mar 21, 2024
My Fold 3 broke a couple of weeks ago and I had multiple problems trying to get it fixed. The screen acted just as you describe the hinge was a bit stiff and I pushed which in turn caused the screen fold a problem.
  1. My first problem was I had bought the phone in Australia while I had been living there and I am now living in the UK. It had to be the team there to agree to replace the screen under warranty and there was no guarantee.
  2. The UK team said they would not honour it due to a small scratch on the side.
After listening to the other people in the experience centre talking to the support team with their problems I have decided to not pay to return the phone to Australia as I believe the warranty would not be honoured. I am really disappointed with Samsung as I have been a long term fan however no more.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbydrake50
Mar 23, 2024
My Fold 4 has the same issue. Samsung did not accept the problem. The phone is not cheap. And it's still under 1yr warranty but they did not recognized the issue. I gor my phone from Philippines Smart Telecoms. I am really frustrated. ;(

Mar 24, 2024
My Samsung galaxy fold 4 was exactly 11 months old working perfectly,got up 1 morning opened the phone saw this black line in the centre only to find out it was the LCD.lucky it's under warranty but now I ask what will happen in another 9 months will it happen again and of no warranty who has 17k to replace the LCD.Its ridiculous you look after ur stuff,and what upsets me is the fact that Samsung has over a dozen questions before rye repair.acknowledge there is a fault tell the customers prior to purchasing this on contract cos now u stuck with a phone for 24 or 36 months that breaks on his own.I will never recommend anybody to buy a Samsung fold it's a good phone but poor quality regarding the lcd.

Mar 21, 2024
My Samsung galaxy fold 4 was exactly 11 months old working perfectly,got up 1 morning opened the phone saw this black line in the centre only to find out it was the LCD.lucky it's under warranty but now I ask what will happen in another 9 months will it happen again and of no warranty who has 17k to replace the LCD.Its ridiculous you look after ur stuff,and what upsets me is the fact that Samsung has over a dozen questions before rye repair.acknowledge there is a fault tell the customers prior to purchasing this on contract cos now u stuck with a phone for 24 or 36 months that breaks on his own.I will never recommend anybody to buy a Samsung fold it's a good phone but poor quality regarding the lcd.
Yeah, mine was 18 months old but barely used the inside screen and looked after the phone well. I was well out of warranty so pretty expensive for a 18 month use of a phone. Certainly won't ever purchase a folding phone again as too much potential to develop a fault.