Gallery dates changed suddenly

minghua951

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
How to fix gallery dates? What am I supposed to do? This is really stressing me out! Could someone please help me. Samsung C7 Pro. The dates have been changed and worst of all someone went way back to 1970! Please help!!

Solution
To check if the phone itself was updated, not an app, go into "Settings" then check the phone info. The version of your OS should be listed there.

In regard to that link, it is saying that it is a GPS issue. So if you have your images set to be associated with that, this may be the cause of the error. However, it doesn't list a fix for it on the phone itself. At least not directly. It is suggesting you download a program, which would have to be to a computer, to help you overwrite the possible incorrect GPS data.

You could also try turning off that option and then see if it resolves the problem with future photos. If it does, then you know that was it. Also, there is the option to just move all the images over to a computer and see...
Are you referring to the dates within each images info? That is created when the image is taken. If so, have you checked the phone to see if anything was updated recently? And if it was, have you tried removing/uninstalling said update? Also, have you tried restarting the phone? Sometimes that will fix the issue. Now, the only way to have a date in it and have it not go anywhere would be to place it in the name of the file.

minghua951

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
Yes eg: the pics I took 3-4 days ago were taken back to Jan 1970. And some videos from 2011 changed to 2015? I didn't update the gallery and I don't now how to check it :( I have tried restarting the phone but sadly it didn't work. I'm really depressed! I have no idea what to do. Can you Please Help me

If your phone is set to do any auto updating that could do this. Also, if you updated the phone itself (the OS) and not the app that could as well. The only other thing I would think of is either a virus or malware. You may want to scan the phone for both issues.

To check if the phone itself was updated, not an app, go into "Settings" then check the phone info. The version of your OS should be listed there.

In regard to that link, it is saying that it is a GPS issue. So if you have your images set to be associated with that, this may be the cause of the error. However, it doesn't list a fix for it on the phone itself. At least not directly. It is suggesting you download a program, which would have to be to a computer, to help you overwrite the possible incorrect GPS data.

You could also try turning off that option and then see if it resolves the problem with future photos. If it does, then you know that was it. Also, there is the option to just move all the images over to a computer and see if they show the right info on there.

Solution