Games slowing down laptop, alt-tab fixes it temporarily, help?

Kinazo

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Laptop: Toshiba Stallie c50-A428 Recently, I've been having a strange problem, most likely since some Windows 10 update (not 100% sure though). laptop used to run fine before that but lately, it would say stuff like "Laptop cannot boot up because ethernet is not connected to the laptop". I decided to check the boot up settings and changed the value to HDD (previously from ODD, I think that's the name), and the windows would start normally. anyhow, games start fast but after a little while, they would be slower and slower. I found out alt-tabbing to another program or the desktop fixes the problem but for an extremely short period. I decided to install Windows 7 as a clean installation, but the problem is still there. One of the games that accumulate great lag is PES 2016. My laptop is not really strong so games always ran slow(20-45 depending on game generation, pes would be around 50fps on normal 1280x720 whilist on high 1366 it would be 20 fps) , but this is not normal slowness. But just like all games, it starts really fast and every small bit it gets slower and slower and slower. TL;DR: Games slow down PC, alt-tabbing fixes it for a really short time, tried clean install of windows 7 but the problem is still there.

Kinazo

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

It doesn't make too much sense the heat and the hard rive, after all the whole laptop would be lagging right? then why when i alt tap out then alt tap in, it goes a little smooth?. also how do i go to BIOS and do the driver check utility? i am a little dumb when it comes to fixing my laptop.

BIOS key is F2, look in the menu options for the diagnostics.

Kinazo

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

sadly there are no diagnostic options.