GameStop Now Selling Pre-Paid Wireless Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
...Why? You know what, I can make an exception for gaming tablets, but wireless service has absolutely nothing to do with games, unless you mean the games they play with their customers in their contracts...

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
gamestop realised there was other markets they wcould exploit people in... what if we le tthem trade in games for credit to overpay for wireless service and we get them to buy a phone we paid next to nothing for.. brilliant... smart on their part but i can't beleive they still have customers

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
As someone who worked there for 8 years (my choice) I can tell you this, GS cares about one thing. MONEY MONEY MONEY. They pay their employees sh*t, their management even shittier (store manager averages under $5 / hr w/ the time involved in running a store). The execs make bank and all of the back of the underpaid worker and over priced merchandise. do yourself a favor, stay away.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Gamestop is for games, what Radioshack is for electronics. Funny how when competition started getting tough, Radioshack turned to hawking cellphones too. Although it has kept them around, they do pay their employee's crap and it shows. Long gone are the social mutants who actually knew "things" about what was being sold, replaced by kids who are texting every 5 seconds instead of trying to help.

Gamestop lost my business long ago when they essentially abandoned the PC market. I miss EB a lot, I won't miss Gamestop much.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]hitman400[/nom]I guess ripping people off for buying used games from people and reselling it wasn't enough profit :\[/citation]
I think they are just worried about the PS4 given that Sony applied for (not sure if they got it yet) a patten to pretty much kill the used game market with a account/console locking a game disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.