GameStop Pwned? Major Credit Card Breach Suspected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait! People still shop at Gamestop?!

Don't they realize they can buy used games on Amazon or eBay for much less with very little risk. Then resell them on the same platforms with little risk. All with a very small net cost. Sure there is some risk. In the long term you will save far more money then you will lose from the occasional scammer. Really the only risk of scam is from buyers making false claims against sellers. eBay/Paypal almost always side with the buyer.

AndrewFreedman

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2014

They do! GameStop is fighting an uphill battle, but they're still a big name. But that's why they're also moving into toys, merchandise and other tech. Amazon, eBay and even Wal-Mart are threatening their business.

ItsHistory

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
I would imagine that Gamerstop did not build their payment system all by themselves, and rather rely on a third party.
Any idea what that is? Because either the third party has been compromised, or GamerStop has been compromised. But if the latter is true, then it means that the third party does not enforce proper and secure integration of their system.
My point is that I wouldn't blame GamerStop, but rather the payment system they have been using. And while past consumers of GamerShop need worry about their information, any online customer over the net need worry about sites using crappy payment services.

Status
Not open for further replies.