GameStop Reveals Prices for Kinect, Xbox Bundles

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]This is looking really bad for Microsoft. The fact that its very near time to go retail and not one real game has been displayed. Everything I've seen so far seems more like a tech demo. If it doesn't launch with at least one major title that attracts us gamers then sales will suffer greatly and that will most certainly put off developers and publishers from ever releasing anything for it.This feels like history repeating itself when Sega released the 32X for the Genesis it was simply too late in the consoles lifespan and didn't release with or really get any good titles.This is a huge risk by Microsoft but I suppose if it does fail they could have it as a native feature in their next console and it may take off then.[/citation]
I'll agree to a point but you should take the wii's runaway success into account. While a more serious gamer isn't interested until "call of duty kinect edition" is released, the people who bought an xbox to play casually with their families will be very interested in this.
Also if microsoft's marketing team can portray this as fun as the wii but a new updated edition essentially then we could see high sales numbers.
The biggest problem for the kinect now is that the price is too high and i believe we'll see a price drop or a much cheaper bundle(with xbox arcade for $220 perhaps?

G

I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 -- I am more interested in Kinect. The reason is -- it is going to be cheaper for 2 player/3 player Kinect than 3 player Move. It will also be less gear. I don't want to have to store all the Move equipment, so I am leaning towards the Kinect.

I was also impressed with Ubisoft's workout program. It won't replace my Crossfitfootball.com workout routine, but as active Recovery, it looks fun.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]cj_online[/nom]Shouldn't it be $199.97 ($49.99x2+$99.99)... remember it also includes a game and is far more accurate and "productive" (ie has many more uses and for a broader range of users as well.)[/citation]PS ***** bundle is $99 which includes an eye, a *****, and a game.
An additional ***** cost $49 or $59, let's assume $49 for this
2 navicons (navigation controllers aka nunchucks) are $29 or $39 each, let's assuming $29

So that's $209. Heck, even the $199 is a steeper price than the Kinect which also includes a game or two.

Not to mention, Sony is quoted that it can only connect 4 combinations of ****** and navicon. So 2 players using both arms or 4 players using one arm, where as 4 players on Kinect with both arms and legs and fingers.

BTW, you can pick up a couple of ****** if you want with Kinect for the same experience!

*Post edited by moderator* Cool it on the language.

michaelssw

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]smlong426[/nom]$149 is pretty close to the price of an Arcade console. $99 would have made more sense.[/citation]

$149 is the price of the arcade now, atleast at walmart/target, with a $50 gift card for the respective store and 2 (crappy) games. Check out slickdeals if you cant find it.

G

is this price for kinect alone or WITH THAT NEW LOOKING XBOX 360 MODEL

G

I'd rather go for the Kinect Bundle with the new Xbox, sensor and Kinect adventures game.

Sig: http://xboxkinectbundle.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.