GameStop's Android Tablets Arrive in Stores

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]jeremy88[/nom]lol whatever, I'll keep enjoying getting most updates for my games on the 360 weeks or even months before you on your pc. Oh and playing my games in HD with hardware that is 5 years old... when is the last time you bought a +$300 graphics card? Every year, or every other year?[/citation]

They see me trollin'. . .

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I could see a device like this being more valuable to GameStop customers if they offered it with thier game console streaming that they plan on doing. But honestly I'll just be using my laptop if/when they offer that service. I can't bing my PS3 everywhere but it would be cool to stream some of my games to a laptop at work and have some fun while killing time.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]jeremy88[/nom]lol whatever, I'll keep enjoying getting most updates for my games on the 360 weeks or even months before you on your pc. Oh and playing my games in HD with hardware that is 5 years old... when is the last time you bought a +$300 graphics card? Every year, or every other year?[/citation]
Ummm... I don't know about that guy but... My last video card was $250 and I bought it 4 years ago. This year I paid $80 and got a nice one that will last at least 2 years (or more).

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]Ummm... I don't know about that guy but... My last video card was $250 and I bought it 4 years ago. This year I paid $80 and got a nice one that will last at least 2 years (or more).[/citation]Yeah, "bang for the buck" factor has really gone up in the past 2 years with PC hardware. RAM is dirt cheap, a P67 mobo with an i5-2500k is pretty cheap, and a GTX560 or HD6850 can be had for under $150 and run any game at 1920x1080.

This makes it silly to consider a $400 tablet a wise purchase for strictly gaming, but once you have a tablet and master using it you'll never want to be without one. They are extremely versatile, and in my little corner of the world they have made laptops and netbooks obsolete.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Dumb move...

When a kid comes into a gamestop with $300 dollars burning a hole in his pocket, he is usually wanting to buy a Game Console..... not a silly tablet that he is more likely to buy at best buy.......

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]xX_PEMDAS_Xx[/nom]I wanted to buy SC2... had to drive 45min to the COMPUSA because GS only had a used copy of WOW...[/citation]SC2 used to mean Star Control 2, which was a better game.

Gamestop has never been a decent computer games store, as far as I know. There was no point where they were comparable to Fry's or even Best Buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.