gamezero headsets and low volume and amplier asus stx

Jim Arvanitakis

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
hi my name is jim and today i bought gamezero sentheizer

i have my asus xonar stx but i have some questions

gamezero is 150 ohms headset but i put the 150 ohms from the amplier from asus stx and the volume was too slow i was putting 100 and in all the games the sound was low

but after i put the 300-600 ohms from the amplier from my asus stx the sound was fantastic and very loud and avesome

my question is will i have problems now which i put 300-600 ohms;;

because gamezero is 150 ohms...

but if i put 150 ohms the sound is very low in alla the games ,,, music and movies

but when i put 300-600 ohms the sound is superb

ah... you mean the "headphone gain" setting.

this actually doesnt change the output impedance of the soundcard - it only affects (in software) how loud (and how much power) is output.

check windows volume levels, your eq settings (set to flat neutral) as well as game audio levels. generally i set all game audio to max and control all volume using the windows slider bar.

you would damage your hearing before you damaged the headphones. as long as the volume is at a level enough that it is comfortable for you to listen to -you're fine. just keep the volume level down to non-painful levels.

the only way you would damage the headphones if if you had the volume blaring louder than you could listen to... which would be bad.

Jim Arvanitakis

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
look in the asus stx software is telling me

normal gain or for 64ohms headsets

high gain for 300 ohms headsets

extra high gain for 300--600ohms headsets

when i choose the high gain for 300 ohms headsets when i was playing games ,,,or music

i was puting the volume at 100 and the sound was too low

but when i choose the extra high gain for 300--600ohms headsets
the sound was very loud and i was very impresed

do you understand what i mean now;;