Gaming Headphones

adam1111

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Hi,

So I want to spend a bit more to get some headphones for gaming. I have done some research and I am stuck choosing between Logitec's g930 virtual 7.1 headset for £105 and the Sennheiser HD 598 which are £199. Basically I want earphones which will give me the best gaming experience. I am not sure if i should get better quality stereo headphones or get 7.1 surround sound. The mic is also not a concern. I want to hear ALL sounds in my game... I have read reviews which say they hear sounds with 7.1 that they have never heard before when gaming... is this true? I don't want to feel like I am missing out.

So.. which would you get? and the price isn't a major factor either.

thanks so much for your help

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
whats up adam,

If your primary use is gaming, then I would definitely go with the 7.1 surround sound. Stereo is usually preferred for music and some older movies, while surround is the go-to for gaming and most newer movies that support it.

Secondly, yes, it is definitely true that good 7.1 headphones can really add an extra level of immersion in games, especially games that rely on directional audio (first person shooters). If you're a gamer I'm sure you know how important positional awareness can be, so being able to hear someone from farther away because your headphones picked up a crackling leaf or footsteps is major advantage.

Lastly, if you said price isn't a huge factor, I'd go for a 7.1 headset of comparable quality to the 199 you were gonna spend on the hd 598s. Some of the better 7.1's out there now:

Razer Tiamat Elite 7.1

Ear Force PX5s

Sennheiser 350s

Best of luck to you!

-audioranger

TRENDING THREADS