Gaming headset or normal headphones?

Solution
D
You can get Sennheiser HD 600s for $289. No need to spend over $500 for amazing sound. :)

Gaming headsets usually are tuned in a V shape to emphasize the highs and lows which is great for gaming but not so great for music. Good headphones can be great for gaming though as you can use software to give virtual surround and change the EQ. You'll also need an amp and DAC to the the most out of good headphones. Even the higher end gaming headsets recommend them.

Really depends on budget and primary use.

I'd like to hear those Nighthawks.

jr9

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
Depends on what you want in terms of sound quality.

For most gamers and desktop users, the sound quality from headsets is sufficient. For serious audio people, the sound you get from gaming headsets they would consider low quality so they will use their premium headphones paired with a microphone. Having a mic on the headphones is definitely very convenient. I use both actually as I can't stand using a standalone mic: Sennheiser PC360 for gaming and AudioQuest Nighthawk for everything else.

Get a headset if you aren't looking for premium audio quality. Premium being headphones that cost over 500USD.

D

Deleted member 217926

You can get Sennheiser HD 600s for $289. No need to spend over $500 for amazing sound. :)

Gaming headsets usually are tuned in a V shape to emphasize the highs and lows which is great for gaming but not so great for music. Good headphones can be great for gaming though as you can use software to give virtual surround and change the EQ. You'll also need an amp and DAC to the the most out of good headphones. Even the higher end gaming headsets recommend them.

Really depends on budget and primary use.

I'd like to hear those Nighthawks.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS