Gaming laptop (1000-1150)

Bloodylegend

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
So i have almost completely decided that i want a laptop instead of a netbook/ desktop for college life.
I want to be able to game at high ends as in play WoW on Ultra for hours if possible. But then take it to class!

1_What is your budget?
Around the $1000 to no more than $1150

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15'-16'

3_What screen resolution do you want?
Best possible

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable going to college

5_How much battery life do you need?
enough for like 2 classes
so like 2-3 hours

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
yes, World of warcraft(Ultra).

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
every day use

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
500.. possibly getting external

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any that are credible!

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years, possible will build a desktop in 3 or 4 years.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
just a dvdrom/ writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No Dell

13_What country do you live in?
USA

Thanks!

Bloodylegend

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
MCchum- Yeah i wanted the G73 but its 17" too big and price was out of reach...
Maziar- the only thing is i was hoping to get a better processor like 8 logical cores is that just not needed?

That's a great price,
About the cores, well we don't have any CPUs with 8 cores yet,i7 quad cores have HT technology which shows the double number of cores in task manager.Since you want to use it for gaming and daily tasks, then an i5 suffices.There are few laptops which are 15" and have i7,(like AW M15x),or Sager NP8690 but their battery life is quite lower than this MSI model.