Gaming Laptop - AW 17 or MSI GT70

15outland

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Hi,

So, I gave up my gaming desktop, I gave it to my brother, who didn't have a computer, as I didn't really play many games on it, and was taking too much room up.

So I decided to buy a laptop, but one aimed for gaming, so I have the flexibility to do so, If I choose.

I am primarily looking at the 'Alienware 17' or the MSI GT70 17 inch model - I prefer the alienware but here in Australia, that costs like $2500, opposed to $2000 for the MSI, but I have concerns about the MSI, cooling, being the primary one.

Both feature the i7 4700mq and gtx 770m, 8gb ram

The alienware seems much more appealing and I assume I wouldn't have much trouble a reselling it later on, if need be, and I guess the ~ 500 difference is for the chassis and brand name, as they're pretty much the same system besides few minor things, here and there...

This would be my first gaming laptop, and I am looking for one that will survive the longest.

( on a side note, I've always admired and wished to own an alienware laptop, even though I do know they can be overpriced, but I am trying to not let that play a factor on the decision)

-

I hope I didn't make too man mistakes, I am using iphone

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I have a msi gt60 2od with a 780m, Ive spent hours gaming on it at lan parties and have not had any issues with heat. Another good thing with msi is the videocards can be replaced so if the 770m is not cutting it for you you can change it out for a 780m. The msata drive if you get one is also very fast.