gaming laptop buying advice

tair_yaakobi

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
Hello guys i wanted your help with buying a new laptop...
the laptop im searching for is a laptop that will have great screen but will be able to game pretty good so the gpu needs to be at list 1050ti im probebly searching for an i7 with at list 16gb of ram and a preffered ssd storage the bigger the better... my budget is under 1800usd it is the most i can spend... but i really preffer to spend less money then that. i really need a good screen because i would use it to travel a lot and to watch movies so at list a 1080p with good colors and it needs to be between 13.3 to 15.6 inches the most.... i preffer the 14 inch size... but 15.6 will be good too. i need to buy it from a reliable company that has good warranty if im spending that much, so msi, asus, mainly, it cant be razer because we dont have a seller for there laptops in our country i can buy other companys laptops just they need to be reliable.... pls give me the exact model of the laptop
thanks a lot for your help....
so dont forget it needs to have a really good screen quallity and a screen with thin bezels and !!! its the most importent thing
another thing is it doesnt have to be a gaming oriented laptop it just needs to have good enough specs to run games and pls

Solution
The best laptop that I would say is the dell xps 15. Its not gaming oriented but it should be able to play games and the screen is good as it is designed for pro apps. The other option is to wait for the max q laptops to come out and see how good they are as they will be slim.

sicily428

Notable
May 26, 2017

clevo p650hp6
clevo p950hp6
clevo p640hk1
clevo w650kk1
msi gs63 7re
msi ge62 7re
asus gl553ve
asus gl502vm
asus ux550ve
acer vx15

Hello, Tair:

That's quite a mouthful of different requirements, but from what I can deduce you want:
1st Priority - A high-quality screen for movie watching
2nd Priority - A practical format that you can actually carry around (14")
3rd Priority - Specs that will allow for some gaming
And I assume your budget, realistically, is $1,500.

Consider this Lenovo Yoga 720 15
http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/yoga/700-series/Yoga-720-15/p/88YG7000828

Scroll down and locate the $1,500 versions. You get a 4K UHD screen that will offer pleasant viewing, a quad-core Kaby Lake i7 CPU and a 2GB dedicated GTX 1050 card that will allow for very decent gaming. Storage is a 512GB SSD and there's 16GBs of RAM.

The only weak point is battery life: Lenovo claim 9 hours, but that's the FHD screen. The UHD 4K screen is likely to drop battery life down to 6-7 hours. But no matter how you look at it, 9 hours is very modest indeed, but that's the price you pay for a quad-core CPU, a dedicated GPU, and a 4K panel. I doubt you'll find better battery life with Dells or HPs. And forget about dedicated gaming laptops, e.g. MSI or ASUS ROG: Battery life is absolutely no concern in this segment - typically 2-3 hours of gaming, with 4-5 hours of 'regular' use. And gaming laptops typically use TN panels - often good-quality TNs but nothing you'd appreciate for watching movies on the go.

If you travel a lot and like to watch movies, I'd recommend a dual-core CPU with Intel's HD 520/620 IGP. That's going to increase battery life dramatically (at least 10 hours) even with a 2K IPS panel. Also, going dual-core will open a much wider field of panel types, e.g. Dell's IGZO panels or HP's DreamColor panels.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

tair_yaakobi

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017

thanks a lot i will still preffer something from the more major manufactures that will be more reliable asus msi dell exc... but i will deffinetely consider and check on this one you got my prioritys right but do you know of any 14inch laptops that will meet those standarts? and are you sure about its screen or you just think it is good of the specs if you know something or seen a review about its screen can you link it? overall it looks pretty good........
i have also seen this laptop: rog gl502vn and it looks like it has a good screen what do you say about it?

tair_yaakobi

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017

it can go from lol to even battlefield but it doesnt metter i still want to have at list a 1050 ti in order to future proof it and as i said my biggest priority is the screen it has to be really good...

The best laptop that I would say is the dell xps 15. Its not gaming oriented but it should be able to play games and the screen is good as it is designed for pro apps. The other option is to wait for the max q laptops to come out and see how good they are as they will be slim.

Solution