Gaming Laptop Choices

cvoz

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014
Looking to potentially purchase a new gaming laptop.

1. What is your budget?
$1500 max but don't want to go near the max if I don't have to

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6", small with the full numpad

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not too picky, but FHD would be nice

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I have a decent desktop at the moment, but this would cut back it is usage by 50% or more

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not a whole lot, should be plugged in mostly

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Games I am currently playing; Diablo 3, Wow, StarCraft, League of Legends or similarly demanding games.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Nothing special

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Just need enough for the games and an operating system, would prefer SSD for most, but atleast SSD for operating system and a game or two.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Up to anything reliable

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Nothing special, not going to watch many movies or burn anything

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Up for anything reliable

13. What country do you live in?
U.S.A.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Just looking for a laptop that I can use at my couch when I am with my wife and she is watching her shows, or take to a friends to play some games.

cvoz

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014
I am not too concerned about running the games on the highest settings, medium would be sufficient for all of them. I am just looking for something that is good for the money and would prefer the SSD but if there isn't a good option for the cost then that is fine. I don't need something that comes in at the max end of the budget, I have something kind of mocked up on XOTIC but I haven't heard much about them. The link for the computer is below, I put in like a 128 Gb SSD and was thinking about going from the 4700MQ to the 4810MQ for $35 dollars but wasn't sure on the benefit. It brought the total to about $1153. It has a NVidia 850M and I am just not sure what would be sufficient for my needs. The computer is a Sager, which I am not quite sure of, the only reason I have this so far is it is the only site that I have found to offer all of the customization on parts of a laptop.

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np6658-clevo-w650sj-p-6994.html?wconfigure=yes