Gaming laptop for 2000$

niruto12

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Dear community i am looking for a gaming laptop in the price range of 2000$. I am a person with good knowledge about computers but i just cant seem to find a good gaming laptop, why i dont know. Could be that i am looking in the wring place, either way thanks for the help in advance :D.

Resellers are good places to start, as they can configure a lot of the components for you (depending on which OEM you purchase from them). In some cases, you can even pick between a few different video cards.

MSI and Clevo are good gaming system names with good construction quality, that will probably get you the most bang for your buck. Asus gaming laptops run a little more, but don't follow the Optimus trend, so they're a fair alternative if you don't want switchable graphics. Some of the Lenovo Y series exclude Optimus as well.

SugarFreeBrowny

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
My buddy has a Sager gaming laptop and swears by it. He loves it. He has run every game I have seen him play including, Skyrim with graphics mods, Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3, RO2, DayZ, Bioshock Infinite, maxxed out.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/

You can get a pretty good deal on one with a 200 dollar instant savings they have going on.

niruto12

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Wow thanks for all of the feedback, so i was actually thinking of buying a msi. But here is a nother question should i go for the 4th gen processors or 3rd. i know that the preformance on the forth gen isnt really increased compered to the 3rd gen. I was thinking since the 4th gen is so new there might be problems, bugs etc you know how new things are look at windows 8, remeber how it was in the begining. thanks again :)

Intel's quality assurance is top notch; there are no prevalent issues with the new Intel chips that we know of at the moment. And the 4th gen processors do yield a small performance boost over the 3rd gen, although the bigger leaps that have been made are in the iGPU and power efficiency. It's an overall more powerful microarchitecture.

So if your budget allows it, definitely get a 4th gen Intel CPU! MSI laptops are very good machines, too. :)

niruto12

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

Wow you really know your stuff, hahaha. I was thinking of getting a Msi gt70. But when SugarFreeBrowny told me about these sagernotebooks i dont know what to do. which one should i choose.
There is also another aspect that we to keep in mind, since i live in sweden the Laptops are a bit more expensive here. I would like to choose that gt60 that has the 780 but it is a bit to expensive for me.

Link to gt70:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152400

niruto12

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
I dont care about the battery life or the weight, i would like to have win7 but it isnt a must. I guess the OS will come preinstalled and i already have an win 7 ultimate 64bit disc at home. I am not looking for a pc that can run a spetific game rather a PC that can run anything.

niruto12

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
So i customized my pc on sagernotebook.com but i dont know there is just to much of the good stuff. Can anyone go there and customize a laptop for me at the price of 2000 dollar range, note that this has to include the shipping. It would be good if the laptop has more then 8 gb of ram and if it could have a 770m or better, I dont know if it is possible but and SSD would be awesome to. i know that it is almost impossible but that is what i wish for,i most of all want a 770m or better gpu. thansk for everything

niruto12

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Sounds good, but there is one problem since i live in sweden the prices are a bit higher there then in the US. lets say a laptop costs 2000$ in America it cost 4000$ in Sweden thats why Sagernotebooks is a good solution, i can buy awesome laptops for almost half the price. what do you think?

niruto12

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
I dont think i am going to need to pay taxes if i pay for shipping? when i check at sagernotebook.com it give me the price of 350 to 360$ for the shipping. Do i need to pay extra taxes on top of that?

I don't think Sager will add on any sales tax, but you will be subject to your country's taxes, brokerage fees, and customs duties fees. :(

niruto12

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

Oh goverment of sweden why? XD LOL