Gaming Laptop for under £600/$900 2015

Boston Stump

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
Almost a year ago I built a desktop PC dedicated to Gaming, it cost me about £900+ and works brilliantly! however my work means i have to spend up to half the year away from home in various places for up to a month or so at a time, in which playing 2D tablet games gets quite boring.

So I'm considering buying a Windows Laptop capable of playing at least some of my Desktop/Steam games. But there's so much choice on the internet, and I don't fully understand the specs anyway.
(Don't ask how I managed to build my Desktop)

Could anyone give me some examples of Laptops that fit my £600/$900 budget?

It would have to be capable of running games such as Rust & Skyrim - is my budget realistic?

I also own GTAV, BF4, Elite Dangerous & Arma3 but assume my budget might not support these?

Also, aesthetics and extra features are all good but not necessarily required. Weight, touch screen, blu ray etc does not matter, all in need is functionality.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to the communities answers, really need some idea of what budget/laptops will/won't work. Thanks!

Joe.

Solution
The budget is bit low for a brilliant gaming laptop.
But there are three laptops which might be perfect for your needs:
1. Toshiba satellite L55
2. Acer E5-471G
3. HP 15-P030NR Special edition
Good luck fellow gamer!

hyrudigan

Estimable
Jul 25, 2015
The budget is bit low for a brilliant gaming laptop.
But there are three laptops which might be perfect for your needs:
1. Toshiba satellite L55
2. Acer E5-471G
3. HP 15-P030NR Special edition
Good luck fellow gamer!

Solution

Boston Stump

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

Thanks for your recommendations! it gave me some idea of what I should be looking at.

I've been searching around and came to a vague conclusion that this MSI GP70-2QE might be a good choice:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WBZEAI0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

What do you think?
The game I play the most is Rust, it requires at least 2.0 Ghz of CPU, 4 gb RAM and DirectX 9 capabilities according to this site:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/rust/11932/?p=r

From what I can tell, the 2.6ghz CPU is ok for most modern games, however it is the quality of the graphics card, a 2GB nividia GeForce 940M, that I am completely unsure of, I just want a laptop that will play Rust amongst other less intensive games. Out of curiosity do your think it could handle titles such as BF4 & DayZ?

Any further advice greatly appreciated, thanks again!

Boston Stump

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

Well I was expecting my budget not to cover BF4 capabilities, so that not too much of a let down in my mind.

What's your personal opinion of this laptop? Is it priced reasonably well? £629 = $980
Do you think I'd be wiser to look into other models? If so could you give an example?

Thanks in advance!