Gaming Laptop for University

Jefffff

Prominent
May 24, 2017
Hi, I'm looking for help in selecting a gaming-workstation hybrid laptop for university.

My budget is $2600 CAD. One of the most important criteria for me is battery life, and I would prefer at least 6-7 hours of browsing/light productivity so I can take it to a day's worth of lectures without the charger. I would also prefer a plain-ish design that is more appropriate for business settings. I would prefer a GTX 1060 but the 1050 is also fine. The build quality should also be good to withstand being lugged around everyday for 4 years.

Some laptops that I have looked at:

Dell XPS 15 9560 - (Not a huge fan of the soft-touch carbon fibre and only 1050)
Gigabyte Aero 14 - (Tested the keyboard, it's too loud for typing in lectures and poor action)
Razer Blade - (Pricey, mediocre battery life and very gamer-oriented design)

If anyone knows of a gaming laptop with a good battery life please let me know! Thanks!

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Gigabyte has a 15" version of the Aero if you're interested in that. I like my new MSI GS63VR Stealth, but if you're looking for battery life, this only gets about 3 hours on an average charge.

Don't expect tablet level battery life on any laptop you buy - most of the claims made in the advertising on laptops anymore about battery life are mostly false. If you don't trust that you will be fine.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Gigabyte has a 15" version of the Aero if you're interested in that. I like my new MSI GS63VR Stealth, but if you're looking for battery life, this only gets about 3 hours on an average charge.

Don't expect tablet level battery life on any laptop you buy - most of the claims made in the advertising on laptops anymore about battery life are mostly false. If you don't trust that you will be fine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop General Discussion 4
S Laptop General Discussion 9
S Laptop General Discussion 3
A Laptop General Discussion 7
N Laptop General Discussion 7
C Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 3
M Laptop General Discussion 8
C Laptop General Discussion 2
W Laptop General Discussion 5
D Laptop General Discussion 2