Gaming laptop glossy screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2019
Hello!

I always used a MacBook Pro as my working laptop and a Desktop for games. My MacBook recently stop working and I want to update my desktop. I was wondering if I could combine both things and buy a gaming laptop. My only requirement is that it have a great screen. I don't understand too much about screens but what I've seen is that the "type" of screens in the majority of the game laptops are virtually different from the ones used in non-gaming laptops (Macbook for example). The screen of the MacBook seems like glass and the ones in gaming laptops are more "matte", like a transparent paper. As I will only really game when I connect the laptop to my TV, I don't care if the screen is bad for games, I just want a good screen to work with a gtx 1070 ti or something similar to that.

Can anyone help me? Thankssss

You don't want a glossy screen, it has a bit better colors but glossy reflects the surroundings so you get reflections all over the place on the screen.

If you want a nice screen with rich colors, get a system with an IPS screen.

Keep in mind gaming laptops are more expensive, can't be upgraded like a desktop and are have greater chance of component failure than desktops due to packed in parts and heat.

My favorite site for gaming laptops is www.xoticpc.com. They have a good selection, easy to sort and check on the specs and you can customize a lot of things from the base models.

Status
Not open for further replies.