Gaming Laptop Question

Prometheans

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
I'm a console gamer who is wanting to purchase my 1st. gaming laptop. I don't know much about specs, but I want something that will perform on the same level as the Sony PlayStation 4 or Microsoft Xbox One, if not better in a laptop so that I can take gaming with me.

I would like to run games on the machine at the highest settings possible while getting the same graphic and gameplay performance, if not better than the current generation of consoles with smooth gameplay and no slowdown.

The machine I'm considering has the following specs:

Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 gigahertz

16GB DDR4 Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR 5

NVIDIA G-SYNC

1TB hard drive 7200 rpm

Windows 10

The games I'm interested in playing are listed below:

Grand Theft Auto 5 - recommended requirements Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 8GB of RAM, Direct DX11.

Battlefield 1 - recommended requirements Intel Core i7-4790 or equivalent, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, 16GB of RAM, DirectX 11.1.

Mafia 3 - recommended requirements Intel Core i7-3770, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or GeForce GTX 1060 with 4GB of memory, 8GB of RAM.

Rising Storm 2 - Specs unknown.

Would a machine with the specs I've listed, be able to run these games on the highest settings, providing performance on the same level, or better than the Sony PlayStation 4 or Microsoft Xbox One without any slow down or lagging?

Like I mentioned, I don't understand all of the specs and It's important that whatever I buy, can match the current generation consoles and play whatever games come out in the next several years.

Thanks.

Solution
Yeah, it will be fine for those games. The laptop has components that are far more powerful than what's in a PS4 or XBox 1. As far as I am aware of games on consoles are limited to 30 FPS whereas on laptops the FPS can be much higher than that.

Yeah, it will be fine for those games. The laptop has components that are far more powerful than what's in a PS4 or XBox 1. As far as I am aware of games on consoles are limited to 30 FPS whereas on laptops the FPS can be much higher than that.

Solution