tanner775

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
1. What is your budget? $800 - $1200

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Not important

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920 x 1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? something balanced

5. How much battery life do you need? not important

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? WoW - Ultra, BF4 - high, GTA5 - high, Skyrim - Ultra, ESO - Ultra

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? download/stream HD movies, shows

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 750GB - 1TB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. not important as long as i can get a decent deal

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? I'm not expert on how long a typical laptop would last but as long as possible... I'm not rich.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? not important, everything is done digitally anymore.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I have had great experiences with ASUS, MSI, GIGABYTE, on parts when i built my custom rigg. I don't know who the top runner is when it comes to laptops though, I feel like I am on unfamiliar territory now. lol

13. What country do you live in? U.S.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

My wife and I are going to be sharing this laptop... she trys to avoid technology at all times were as I just gravitate towards it. =P So, its safe to say I'll be using it the majority of the time. I have a custom built rigg that I built 2 years ago that still handles pretty much anything but I am getting the laptop because I will going back to school and would like to chill out on campus and do some gaming outside of my house.

Thanks.