Gaming Laptop suggestions for a truck driver.

dcole_82

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Hello everyone, Taking a new position that will have me traveling for weeks at a a time all across the US, and living out of a truck. I have already spent a lot of time on Newegg, but I just figured I would turn to the expertise of this board. Thank you in advance!

1. What is your budget?
Between $1500-2000 preferably closer to 1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Need to find a travel suitable backpack with a sleeve it will fit in. Other then that...BIG

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Best possible at my price point.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
In between, needs to fit in a backpack, however I will mostly be using it inside of my trucks sleeper.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not really a huge deal, I will have access to power.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
World of Warcraft, Battlefield 4, War Thunder, Payday 2.. Other new games as they catch my interest.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Basic computing, Movies (blu-ray), gaming, maybe a little bit of video editing.. but just amateur Go Pro type stuff.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
It would be nice to be able to save tons of movies and music to the hard drive, so I have more entertainment and less to carry. But not necessary.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I am open, Newegg is local to me me though. I have picked up from them before.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible, living on a lowly truck drivers salary. lol

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
a blueray player would be nice.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I am open, have been looking at an ASUS laptop.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232202

13. What country do you live in?
United State

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I intend to use a Verizon Jetpack for internet connection. I am not sure how well it will work for gaming but her in southern California, with my Galaxy S5 I routinely see 50 download, 25 upload, and 50 ping. Also as I said I will be living out of a truck so if there are any questions in regards to that feel free to ask. THANK YOU!

Hey!

The ASUS you linked is actually one of the best options for your price range. You wouldn't need any more than the GTX 970M. I'm sure others will say the same about this model, it's exceptional and it's a popular purchase for laptop customers.

I'd pull the trigger on that baby. :)

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/ASUS-ROG-G751JT-CH71-Laptop/E/6022961

We offer the exact same model at the exact same price, but use coupon code BOXBOX5 and you'll receive 5% off your order - $1,428.05 + free shipping.

Also if you go into the free section of the configurator, we offer free ASUS headset.