gaming laptop under 1000$

vash_021

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
1. What is your budget?
1200 CND MAX

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
atleast 15

3. What screen resolution do you want?
full hd

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
desktop

5. How much battery life do you need?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
put it straight i want the best gpu + cpu that fits my budget

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
only coding

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500 - whatever would love for it to run on 7200 rpm
i already have a 1tb external

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
the cheapest is welcomed

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years really need something that will last

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
none

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
id love to get an alienware though i know that its a longshot
msi, clevo, sager, lenovo are all welcomed

13. What country do you live in?
i will be moving to toronto to study in 3 - 4 months and i will be buying it there

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
backlight keyboard
would also prefer none sli less troublesome

vash_021

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
i have been interested in the y510p even before posting only issue is the heat problem on the ultrabay people say it reaches above 90 degree and the sli both of them had me concerned

i was looking for a good build with gtx 770m as a single gpu

vash_021

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012

does newegg us? ship to toronto for free??
i tried searching in newegg ca but the prices are high!

I guess for now im back to y510p the reviews on the sli have been raising some concerns for me
also is CyberpowerPC Fangbook Evo reliable?? never heard of it before

I am willing to raise my budget upto 1200 CND

IDontUnderstand

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Isn't 1200 CND similar to 1000 USD? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I'm pretty sure the Y510p will do a good job as long as you don't cover ANY of its air INTAKE and EXHAUST, and I would also purchase a laptop cooling pad to go with it, to further enhance its cooling requirement.

CyberpowerPC has a decent reputation, they also make custom PC and laptop on their own website. Those that you see on newegg and retailers are config that they've pre-built for you.
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

As for the shipping, you can also just add the item into your cart and type in your address to see the shipping fee, before paying of course.

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7358-clevo-w350st-eta-march-p-6991.html?wconfigure=yes

just add operating system - total = $1066 ish dollars, about $12 under your budget (buy a cookie)
the 860M in this machine is the newest architecture released today - it beats the 770M as well as the 750M / 755M SLI.
its the best bang for buck. only trouble is it aint backlit. - depends if that's a deal breaker.

Food for thought - the new Lenovo y50 is coming out soon - that's going to pack an 860M or better, and its backlit and thin. Not sure how much it'll go for but it should be a similar price range.

vash_021

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012

actually its about 1100 usd

looks like im screwed if i buy anything outside of canada as custom tax will probably reach about 150 dollars more

my only option now is to directly buy a y510p from lenovo canada

vash_021

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
i love the cyberfang and the sager recommended here

but what i need now is a online shop that is located inside canada so i dont have to pay custom tax or any other thing except the shipping ofcourse

or am i still missing something here?
are there other hidden fees that i should be aware of?

vash_021

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
i love the cyberfang and the sager recommended here

but what i need now is a online shop that is located inside canada so i dont have to pay custom tax or any other thing except the shipping ofcourse

or am i still missing something here?
are there other hidden fees that i should be aware of?