Gaming laptop under $1200

Rivalss

Estimable
May 29, 2014
Hey,

I've been following this forum for a while and i think it's now time to post

1. What is your budget?
$1200

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15"/17"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable because i already have a nice desktop

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not much because it will be pluged in most of the time

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Definitly. Diablo, FPS and some other new games. I would like to play the best settings possible.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Just gaming

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500 shuold be enough. And a SSD

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
www.xoticpc.com but i dont mind buying from anywhere else as long as it's a good deal.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5 years minimum

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD Writer is enough

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Just don't want Acer. I bought one that gave me problems the whole time. Some keyboard keys stopped working, really slow for a i5-460m w/ gt 420m and 4gb ram. Came with broken mb/hdd.

13. What country do you live in?
Right now i'm in New Jersey.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

TL;DR: I want to play some not so demanding games in a 15"/17" laptop with SSD.
The main factor here is the "long life", i dont want to keep buying a computer every 3 years.
I dont want Acer.
Battery life doesn't really matter.

I'm currently considering buying a Clevo W370ss for $1200 (that's why it's the max i'm willing to pay).

Thank you guys,
Do your magic! :D

please dear god no. stop. Alienware is not ok. 750M is not ok for $1200.

lenovo y50 - $1149
sager 7358 - xoticpc - can get for around $1150.
the clevo W370SS is also your best bet.

Rivalss

Estimable
May 29, 2014
Yeah I know alienware have an awesome build quality and everything is perfect and that's why they are so expensive. I would only buy one if I had any coupon tho.

Tbh @dasulman I'm thinking about buying the lenovo y50 or msi ge60 or sager np7358. The thing is that I would have to buy a SSD for the MSI and Y50 and for $1200 the Sager already comes with a SSD.

The thing is that I want a computed that feels like he's going to handle some years. I don't want any plastic crap but I've never used any MSI or Lenovo or Sager. That's why I'm hesitant

alienware do not have awesome build quality, and the components are par; they're not worth the money at all. Steer clear of them.
the y50 arguably has the highest build quality, the GE MSI's are far from really high quality, and their battery life is still no where near as good as others.
if you know how to configure a Sager 7358 then you could get that, but I would trust Lenovo's worksmanship more.

Rivalss

Estimable
May 29, 2014
They don't? I swear I thought they had top quality builds! Although their components are mediocre for the price range.
But since it's so slim, does he overheats? I mean the Y50 is less than 1" thick. But yeah, Y50 has everything i want expect the SSD. It comes with an hybrid HDD.

Damn, I was this close to order the 7358 but now you got me on the Y50 again :b

I want to feel what I'm paying for. It's like if you buy a 1mil car and it comes with fking plastic dashboard. Makes no sense.
So, both Sager and Lenovo have aluminium body, and the specs that I want. But, will they overheat? How's their sound quality (I'll probably just use headphones though)?

lenovo y50 has an aluminium finish, sager 7358 is a mix of plastic and aluminium, again I would trust the y50 more.
If you're worried about heat then buy a cooling pad later on.
Honestly I'd say the y50 is better, the keyboard I feel is nicer as well. The sound quality is average on the both of them - stick to headphones.

Rivalss

Estimable
May 29, 2014
Yeah I was leaning on the Y50 aswell. It's so much prettier and thinner and lighter...

And what if we throw some Asus out there? Like the g550. Do you know anything about that model?

Rivalss

Estimable
May 29, 2014
You are right, but I'm afraid that the Y50 doesn't do a good job on cooling. And as you might know, the asus is know to be one of the best on that aspect. But the thing is that I didn't like the lenovo sales rep. I asked some questions which they replied but i looked like they didn't even care about it. It was like "yeah, that's right" not even knowing if it was true or not. I asked if I could user upgrade the HDD and wi-fi card and they said that I could, but later I've found out that the wi-fi card is locked, meaning that I can't replace it. And about the HDD I know someone who asked the same question but got a total different answear. They told him that he couldn't replace it without losing the waranty.
That does not make me feel any good about Lenovo.