Gaming Laptop under performing

LazersHD

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Hey guys, So I recently purchased a gaming laptop which is supposed to run any game at the highest settings but I have noticed that none of my games run as well as they should for example I only get 60- 70 fps on csgo while my friends on laptops with lower specs easily get 150+fps, I have done all the usual things like select my nvidia card to run games in the nvidia control panel instead of my intel card. I have tried everything and I would really appreciate help, I suspect thermal throttling because my laptop idles at 60 degrees Celsius and also because my fps doesnt change whether im on the lowest settings or the highest settings on any game.Specs:
Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 - 4710HQ @ 2.5Ghz (800mhz)
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M
Thanks In Advance!

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Not a definite solution here but are you still running the OS as it came out of the box?

Reason i ask, I have a lenovo ideapad 700 with a GTX950m, performance out of the box was absolutely horrible, not just in games but windows in general felt bad. I formatted and installed windows 10, on a mechanical hard drive it was so much better, much more responsive. Then i replaced for an SSD and now i think its perfect.

I get better FPS and the whole thing just FEELS good, where as with all lenovos guff installed, it felt sluggish

LazersHD

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

Thanks for your response, im just about to format and download windows 10 today and yes I am using windows 8.1 out of the box, ill install it and get back to u