Gaming Laptop (w/ Laptop Buyers FAQ)

DaSiimM

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014
1. What is your budget?

A: $ 1000 - 2000, I got a lot of tax money back, so sitting nicely now. But the 2000 is very much the limit.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

A: My current laptop is 15.6" and that range seems fine for me.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

A: Don't know much about this, but I'm guessing that full HD would be a nice thing?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

A: Definately a desktop replacement, since I just don't have the room for a desktop pc.

5. How much battery life do you need?

A: I reckon the battery life won't be near 4 hours for a real good gaming laptop, so not really that important.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

A: That is the main thing, I will need to be able to play most new games on high settings. I am currently working with my youtube let's play channel, so I just cannot be hindered by not being able to play newer games on low settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

A: In aspect of the youtubeing I do a LOT of photo/video editing, so definately an important task. I am also working on some gaming projects on the Unreal Development Kit and the CryEngine, which both does take a lot to edit in without too much lag. I am also going to start a 3D animation & Game Design/Programming Education later this year, so it will have to be able to handle the programs used there.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

A: Not too important. I have an ekstern harddrive with 2TB capacity, so most stuff goes to that one.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

A: Not at all.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

A: At least for the duration of my studies, so 3-4 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

A: Not all important, but I'm guessing a standard DVD ROM/Writer will come in handy when installing various products.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

A: No brand preference. I don't have the biggest experience regarding different brands.

13. What country do you live in?

A: I live in the mighty country of Denmark.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

A: I think I got it all crammed in there, but just to recap: The laptop will be my desktop replacement. It has to be able to play most newer games on fairly high settings, since I have a youtube let's play channel. It also needs to be able to handle the game projects on UDK and CryEngine, and whatever programs will be needed during my studies (MASS Effet plug-in, 3ds max etc.)

Thanks!

Solution
found that one at komplett.dk thats about 2000$, thats a minimum to start gaming with above minimum settings,

MSI GE60 15.6" Full HD
GeForce GTX860M 2GB,Core i7-4700HQ,8GB RAM,128GB SSD,1TB HDD,DVD±RW,Win 8.1
10.495,-

Plusthinking Iq

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
found that one at komplett.dk thats about 2000$, thats a minimum to start gaming with above minimum settings,

MSI GE60 15.6" Full HD
GeForce GTX860M 2GB,Core i7-4700HQ,8GB RAM,128GB SSD,1TB HDD,DVD±RW,Win 8.1
10.495,-

Solution

DaSiimM

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014

Yeah, it does look pretty good. Thanks for the help.