Gaming Laptop with 3D display

aserf251

Estimable
Dec 20, 2014
1. What is your budget?

About 2500 Euro

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Big. 17.3" or bigger

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Full HD or better with 3D option

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Mainly a desktop replacement. It needs to be moved once a month or so but I want desktop specs.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Irrelevant, I mostly use it plugged in.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
All the new titles in highest quality and 3D (like Far Cry, Assassin's Creed Unity)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Video Converting, multitasking

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
SSD (128 or 256 gb) + HDD (500 gb are enough for me)
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
i cannot find any site that is selling 3d laptops

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD Writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'd prefer quality but don't have specific preferences.

13. What country do you live in?
Greece

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I want the laptop to have 3D display so i can play games and watch movies on 3d

Solution
If you can get your hands on the Alienware 17r1 or Alienware 18, you can get 3d displays in both. Both are also decent machines, and perform well when properly configured.
Xoticpc.com still has the 17 with 3d for certain. You have to customize one to get it though. Supposedly, Asus still has that option in the G751JY-DH71, though I have yet to find a vendor actually selling it with that display.

jimhood82

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
If you can get your hands on the Alienware 17r1 or Alienware 18, you can get 3d displays in both. Both are also decent machines, and perform well when properly configured.
Xoticpc.com still has the 17 with 3d for certain. You have to customize one to get it though. Supposedly, Asus still has that option in the G751JY-DH71, though I have yet to find a vendor actually selling it with that display.

Solution