Gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
currently looking for help to find a decently prices gaming laptop to max of 2,000

1. What is your budget?

1000-2000$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

17inch screen

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1920-1080 but doesn't have to be want it close to that

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

desktop replace not home enough to play on desktop anymore

5. How much battery life do you need?

Not important.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Yes I would, a graphic card of High setting range would be ideal.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Gaming / movies.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

The bare minimum will do fine.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

newegg.com/hp.com/tigerdirect.com whatever site has best for the deal suggestions appreciated

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

till it is outdated

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

dvd drive

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

not sure dont know much about laptops only good brand i know is origin and cost to much for the money

13. What country do you live in?

United States

ghostmob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
ya they look like a good company, just dont know if they are like alienware jacked up prices for mediocore parts, and I dont know much about laptops so asking around before I have to make my decision next week.

ghostmob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
any other suggestions would be awesome again no idea what im getting into i know desktops but nothing about laptops researched em but not sure about the companies around

ghostmob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
ALSO for ppl who know about desktops im in a tough spot i wanted to upgrade my gfx card but cant find 5870s anywhere hw can i upgrade without the same card being available =0

ragenalien

Distinguished
May 6, 2011

ghostmob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
well i know the parts from origin are cheaper then the parts from alien-ware but that is all i have come up with i been really interested in a 485m top out the gfx but i barely see any sites with the option to get it without having to add another 400 on crap that i don't need

ghostmob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
i was looking at the msis from newegg but they only carry a 460m i need alittle more power >.< so far best site i see is sager but i want to make sure before i decideto pick up and want to hear some good news about em

jeckhout

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
Hey ghost I feel you buddy. I spent a few weeks looking for a laptop. I checked out xotic and researched them. They seem like a good company and the warranty is really though Sagar so I think your safe with xotic. I should say I HOPE We are safe because I just dropped $1900 on a NP8150-S1 from them. The model I want is on back order for now now I wait. Check out their site and look around in their forums. Lots of good laptop info.

Status
Not open for further replies.