Gaming Notebook: 15-Inch Vs 17-Inch

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quantumrand

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
[citation][nom]ray-ng[/nom]Woah, did I read the last lines correctly? It says the Asus g73jh will have a price drop from $1600 to $1200? At the end of the month?![/citation]

Haha, if only...It's saying that the G73Jh is getting updated, and the old stock is getting cleared out. Some places are selling the old units for as low as $1200, but it's only for the remaining stock, which is likely running out fast. The new version of the G73 (possibly with the new GTX480M) will probably cost $1799.

ray-ng

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]quantumrand[/nom]Haha, if only...It's saying that the G73Jh is getting updated, and the old stock is getting cleared out. Some places are selling the old units for as low as $1200, but it's only for the remaining stock, which is likely running out fast. The new version of the G73 (possibly with the new GTX480M) will probably cost $1799.[/citation]

Where?

quantumrand

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009

tomasck

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Is there any way of finding out what the actual specs of the updated G73 will be?

How did Tom's know that an update was happening this month?

quantumrand

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
[citation][nom]tomasck[/nom]Is there any way of finding out what the actual specs of the updated G73 will be? How did Tom's know that an update was happening this month?[/citation]

From what I can tell, the new G73 will not be a huge overhaul. It sounds like it'll probably be getting a new Fermi GPU and a 120Hz screen for optimized stereoscopic 3D gaming (a concept I personally think is stupid and far from being mature enough for real use).

I think the G53 sounds pretty interesting though. It'll be fun to see what kind of features and power Asus can pack into a 15 inch laptop.

G

speaking of asus releases does anyone know when the asus b43j will be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.