Gaming on a lenovo g40-30

ewrig111

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
so, I have a lenovo g40-30 laptop, and was hoping to run some games like the forest, stranded deep, day z and the like. I have upgraded the ram to 8gb rather than the standard 2gb, but everything else is the same. I was just asking if these games would run on my laptop now, even on the lowest settings. If not, what upgrades could I make to the computer to allow it to run the game? And please don't say "get a new computer" because that's not an option for me. Thanks in advance!

Solution
The Lenovo G40-30 has a Celeron 3205u and the integrated Intel HD (Haswell) graphics core which is less powerful than the Intel HD 4000 used in Ivy Bridge generation Intel CPUs.

LoL should be playable. Dota 2 will likely be playable; it is more demanding than LoL. Team Fortress 2 should be playable and as well as CSGO as long as expectations are low. Minecraft with the Optifine mod should be playable as well.

Greetings, ewrig:

I assume we're dealing with the Intel Celeron 3205U version, which means you have an integrated Intel HD Graphics card. This is perfectly good for schoolwork and light internet surfing, but it's not designed for any kind of heavy gaming. Going from 2 to 8 GBs of RAM will open applications faster and allow you to multitask, but it won't affect your graphics performance to any significant degree.

I regret to say I don't know any of those games you've mentioned, but unless they're similar to or lower in complexity than League of Legends or DOTA2, I suspect you'll only be able to play them at low settings.

Best regards,
GreyCatz.

(If we are talking about the Intel HD 5500 card, the above games should be no problem at medium settings. But the HD 5500 card is only available on the factory 6 and 8 GB versions).

lifespill

Estimable
Oct 25, 2015
The games you mentioned are in pre alpha stage and so are unoptimised and can have perfomance issues even with gaming desktops.I play the forest on my pc with core i7 and gtx 285 and i get 30-40 fps at medium settings,so it would be difficult for intel hd and celeron u to cope with this.

The Lenovo G40-30 has a Celeron 3205u and the integrated Intel HD (Haswell) graphics core which is less powerful than the Intel HD 4000 used in Ivy Bridge generation Intel CPUs.

LoL should be playable. Dota 2 will likely be playable; it is more demanding than LoL. Team Fortress 2 should be playable and as well as CSGO as long as expectations are low. Minecraft with the Optifine mod should be playable as well.

Solution