Gaming pc or laptop

ashiq3269

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Have been doing research and found out gaming pc is cheaper than the laptops......... so are their performance good though...........which one to go for???????

Solution

It all comes down to portability. If you are going to be moving around a lot, then pick a laptop. But if you're staying in one place for most of the time, then choose a PC. I'm currently doing a report for school about that question so I've done a fair amount of research into the topic myself.

No doubt you've heard about PCs being better than laptops in terms of power and upgrades and all that. If you're moving around a lot and have found that you really want power in your gaming. Go with something called a 'desktop replacement' laptop. These laptops are fairly heavy...

LegendaryPCMR

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
Personally I would get the PC, it will have better performance/$ than a laptop! Unless you game at LAN parties and maybe a laptop or a small form factor that is portable would be for you.

I actually suggest building your own PC there are many guides and you get more for your dollar and you get the satisfaction of doing yourself. Also learning how to replace or upgrade parts in the future!

Shane501

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014

You could also shop around to find a good pre-built system. I found this one on amazon, it's great if you're on a tight budget and even if you have a ton of money it's still good, plus you can upgrade if you want.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K3EQ30E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=WYP6QJGTDFVH&coliid=I3PWAU89IGRF25

Of course you could go to Dell's (or your favorite brand) website and spend a thousand dollars easily, but you can get a good (great) system, pre-built, with warranty, with little or no trouble.

But PC is definitely better than laptop.

miketmt69

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
now I see everyone is putting down laptops. Now if you are purely gaming then yes this is clear cut get a gaming pc. But if you are on the go alot and can spend extra then laptops can be made game on and even nicely if you have a big wallet. Really you need to deside what exactly you need this computer to do. Do you want portability, if not the answer is almost always going to be gaming pc. Cheaper, best performance and can just do a lot more with them.

Shane501

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014

Yes laptops have their place but for gaming they're usually ridiculously expensive.

Gaunern

Estimable
Jun 15, 2014

It all comes down to portability. If you are going to be moving around a lot, then pick a laptop. But if you're staying in one place for most of the time, then choose a PC. I'm currently doing a report for school about that question so I've done a fair amount of research into the topic myself.

No doubt you've heard about PCs being better than laptops in terms of power and upgrades and all that. If you're moving around a lot and have found that you really want power in your gaming. Go with something called a 'desktop replacement' laptop. These laptops are fairly heavy because they have the best parts on the market inside. Top of the line graphics cards, powerful processors and plenty of hard drive space. The one problem that comes with these laptops is their price tag. I recently did a build comparison for parts and found that I could build an entire PC which was a lot better than a factory made desktop replacement laptop for cheaper.

Basically, as I've said, it's just about portability. If you're moving around, get a laptop. If not, get a PC.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS