Solved! Gaming Performance Problem After Virus Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2018
So I have an Acer VX 15, 16gb Ram, gtx 1050 4gb, intel core i7 7th gen and an intel had graphics 630... my laptop before a virus infection used to run games smoothly, and this one time I was getting some files from a friend and got infected by virus that basically places g in front of the names of executable files... I did not know I was infected until I noticed most of my desktop icons getting blurry, and I couldn't also access my GeForce control panel and when I try to run a game the pc tells me I don't have a graphic card... so I instantly factory reset my laptop, but after that all the games that used to run very smoothly before are now running very slow even on low graphics settings... I've tried all possible ways that I know of to solve it... but no good... help please.

Solution
Download Malwarebytes and run a full scan on the system. Its a pretty good antivirus program and you should be able to identify the virus
When you did the reset, did you perhaps do the option to try and keep any of your personal files? Or did you do a full on system restore where it is wiped and started over as it was originally?

If it was the first one, then you likely didn't wipe everything that was causing problems. Also, if that is the option you chose, or even if you did a full wipe and start over, many things would be needing updating. Both system files and drivers. This can cause the lag and issues as well.

You might also want to check the computer with a different antivirus program to make sure nothing was missed.

Fros78

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015
Download Malwarebytes and run a full scan on the system. Its a pretty good antivirus program and you should be able to identify the virus

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.