gaming while it is plugged and it is fully chaged ( laptop) Built in battery !

Ishan_6

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
I have a laptop and Is it OK to play games while plugged in and battery is fully charged cause my laptop works more smoothly when plugged in
PS - I have an in built battery
What should I do ?

The higher end gaming laptops draw more power than the battery can deliver alone. My i7 quad + 970m laptop needs about 150 Watts while its battery can only provide about 100 Watts. So it degrades the GPU in battery-only mode to keep total power draw under the 100 Watt limit. It has to be plugged into AC for the GPU to run at full speed.

Some of the higher-end gaming laptops draw more power than even the AC adapter can provide. Those will slowly drain your battery when you're playing while plugged in. If you remove the battery (or drain it entirely) and play on just AC power, the GPU will again run in a degraded mode.

And yes it's fine to play while plugged in and the battery fully charged.

Gaming God

Estimable
Feb 21, 2014
First check your Power settings ( right click on the battery icon and press power options)
by default when you are plugged in to AC it'll be in High Performance and will be switched to Power saver or Balanced when you unplug. Change the settings to your need and will get smooth performance.

it is OK to play games while plugged in and battery is fully charged. i does it all the time.

The higher end gaming laptops draw more power than the battery can deliver alone. My i7 quad + 970m laptop needs about 150 Watts while its battery can only provide about 100 Watts. So it degrades the GPU in battery-only mode to keep total power draw under the 100 Watt limit. It has to be plugged into AC for the GPU to run at full speed.

Some of the higher-end gaming laptops draw more power than even the AC adapter can provide. Those will slowly drain your battery when you're playing while plugged in. If you remove the battery (or drain it entirely) and play on just AC power, the GPU will again run in a degraded mode.

And yes it's fine to play while plugged in and the battery fully charged.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Laptop Tech Support 8
Vladimira Laptop Tech Support 3
CptBaas Laptop Tech Support 0
Adnansattar Laptop Tech Support 6
M Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 17