Gaming with external GPU

yasho2249

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
I am a student n I like to hav a light weight laptop to carry with me n when am home I can plug an eGPU to it and play those graphically intense games on my laptop or TV. Soo I was looking at those eGPU setups and the thunderbolt 3 looks the best one of all bt the docking stations for thunderbolt are too expensive for me right now(they r really expensive in my country)....soo I am thinking of using the mpcie slot(generally where the wifi card goes) to connect the Gpu with exp gdc. It costs abt $50 n while Ik the bandwidth is limiting am nt really thinking of going above a GTX 960 for now. Soo I just wanted to ask is the bottleneck for something like a 960 really significant? I mean how much is the performance hit in terms if fps. I wanna play games at 1080p on the laptop display(preferably). In future I might get a thunderbolt docking station for something higher

yasho2249

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
The laptops with thunderbolt are expensive....The xps 13 base model was good for my budget bt it comes with a 4gb ram and i3 only....Can u recommend me a laptop with an extra mpcie slot,a good CPU and a 1080p display for gaming on it.....I wanna use the laptop display for playing games