Gary Seckendorf - Suggestion regarding Laptop

garyseckendorf

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Hi,
I am Gary Seckendorf. I am going to buy a new Laptop. Can someone suggest me the best laptop among Samsung, Sony and hp.
Thanks
Gary Seckendorf

garyseckendorf

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Really? My experience with HP technical support has been the opposite. Of course that goes for a good majority of the big box vendors. I'm currently using a Lenovo Y500 and I love it, if you can get that for your budget I would heavily suggest it.

In that range, I HIGHLY suggest a Lenovo or Acer laptop. I have an Acer myself and it's worked wonders over the past few years. It contains alot of power for an affordable price :)

Try this, it's a beautiful piece of hardware and it has some great reviews (http://www.amazon.com/Acer-V5-561P-6869-Computer-Touch-Screen-processor/dp/B00IJ0SK2S/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1404324547&sr=8-8&keywords=acer). Additionally, it only weights 5.6lbs so it's light, performs well, and affordable.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I had excellent results from HP Support when I worked on someone ELSE'S laptop; they sent a new HDD out after I'd diagnosed the problem without giving me any kind of runaround at all.
Still, Lenovo tops them. When my new X140E crapped out, they overnighted a prepaid overnight box to me for it, fixed it (new mobo) the day they got it, and overnighted it back to me. Cost to me, zilch. I should note (in case it matters) that the X140E is a Thinkpad, a business-class machine. Results with Ideapads (consumer class) may be different.

hdylan84

Estimable
Jul 17, 2014

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I did have a Dell 1505 that I used for 5-6 years, then gave it to a niece, still in pristine condition. I'm pretty careful with my stuff though. The Lenovo I have now definitely "feels" a lot more durable, and battery life is amazing. In light use (surfing while streaming audio) for about four hours, it looks like I'm using about half the battery. It is not particularly fast, although that isn't why I bought it. I added a SSD and doubled the RAM (to 8GB).