Gay Couple Uses Skype to Legally Marry in Texas

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaygeorge007

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]Ummm.... uh...IDK. If I say anything, I will be marked down. Mark me down just because I'm Christian. This is completely wrong.[/citation]

Why TH gave this much importance for a gay marriage by showing "little" of the tech.

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
idk, it's kind of hard for me to listen to someone say something is wrong because their religion says it is. on the other hand atleast 80% of the wars in history were over religious differences. so it's ok to kill, just not ok to love another person regardless of sex.

i'm not gay btw, it's just that it's my opinion that if gays want to marry then go for it. it's not hurting anyone.

opinions by the way are better than religion, because opinions don't rely on sketchy 2000 year old writings.

and the only way i am against religion is when it convolutes the governments in which society depends upon.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]Um...you are referring to masturbation.[/citation]

yea, but its technically means anything that isn't for procreation. its a bit streached to be anti gay, but not by enough to be taken out of context.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]rpgplayer[/nom]idk, it's kind of hard for me to listen to someone say something is wrong because their religion says it is. on the other hand atleast 80% of the wars in history were over religious differences. so it's ok to kill, just not ok to love another person regardless of sex.i'm not gay btw, it's just that it's my opinion that if gays want to marry then go for it. it's not hurting anyone.opinions by the way are better than religion, because opinions don't rely on sketchy 2000 year old writings.and the only way i am against religion is when it convolutes the governments in which society depends upon.[/citation]

i have yo say you are wrong. i say you cant look at any history more than 2000 years old and expect the whole truth, when you cant ever get the whole truth of things that happen 10 years ago. like why a war starts. popular opinion may state that the war was religious, but look at this in terms of the ruler. whats easier to rally people to your cause? telling them the truth, ro god says this, they do that, lets get um.

hell i can only immagin that the ruling parties of the world know what bs religions are, they just keep the people ignorant enough to manipulate them, but not dumb enough to be useless. the smarter a person is the less they believe in any religion, they may believe in something, but not anything organised.

aford10

Distinguished
You so called 'Christians,' who are supporting this gay marriage, should be ashamed. The Bible does condemn same sex marriage. It's black and white in the scriptures.

That being said, I'm not completely against the idea. I just don't think it should be done in a religious ceremony. A Pastor shouldn't ever perform this union. This in no way should be 'supported' by Christ.

If it's about benefits, let them have a civil union, or whatever they want to call it. They would be afforded all the same legal benefits of a legal marriage. I believe it's the best solution for both sides on this issue.

gamejag

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]Ummm.... uh...IDK. If I say anything, I will be marked down. Mark me down just because I'm Christian. This is completely wrong.[/citation]

is this what religion teaches: hate others and deny them equal status? shame on you.

insanet

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]They should call it something besides 'marriage' (maybe homosexual union or something of that nature), after all marriage is a religious ceremony and defined as such. Next thing you know, they are going to remove the anti-gay parts from the Bible[/citation]

clearly, marriage is christian tradition and has to follow christian traditions, whether it be here in America in the European tradition, or in China with the tradition dating back to 220 before christian era :p

joking aside congratulations.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]^ He didn't crate sin, this is a lack of charity in the human world.The reason homosexuality exists is there is a lack of love in this world...hence those who are of the same sex will love each other...a plan of the devil to ruin mankind. I don't think one will go to hell for having buttsex will a buddy of his, I think he will have to answer to God about it though![/citation]
You do know that quite a few homosexual people are born with a tendency to be homosexual (I'm not saying that it's genetic). It has nothing to do with lack of love.

It's because people like you, that can't accept anything that deviates from your beliefs, that the human history is filled with wars.

A good christian wouldn't judge others in such a hateful and shameful way as some of you have posted here.

If it takes an existentialist like me to tell you so ... then you need to read your bible a little more carefully ... because i have read it.

After deleting all of the nasty comments (which the moderators can still see) it is clear the world won't progress far with some of you in charge of anything beyond a forklift or a steakknife.

Remember, regardless of ideology, religion or beliefs we all have to live together, and whether your straight or gay, or into robots, I wish you well.

elgranchuchu

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]I know what you guys think. I don't hate them for marrying, I hate the fact that they live a poor lifestyle.Hate the sin, love the person.[/citation]

I totally agree with you.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009

It's your good right to think gays unnatural, and it's your good right not to be one. But other don't share those ideas and that's their good right too.

Why do so many religious people oppose gay marriage, abortion and the likes and believe that because they don't like it, nobody should be allowed to do it?

Live and let live is one of the fundamental values of democracy, but not of Christianity it seems.

deletemach_kernel

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
[citation][nom]rpgplayer[/nom]easiest and more sensible step would be to remove the bible.[/citation]

there is nothing wrong with the bible .... people misinterpret everything and then blame the bible...

and you my friend " remove the bible" guy sound a lot like a saffron hindu.

deletemach_kernel

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
[citation][nom]joz[/nom]First; Christians, you're reading a bad translation; if you want the right translation AND the right explanation of any part of the Torah (the stuff you've pretty much stolen from my people,) go talk to a rabbi.In Christianity, the priest tells his followers what to believe, in Judaism the rabbi' just guides the people into believing what they [the people] see as right.Good for these two men, and may many more follow them into happiness.[/citation]

oh goodness.....you do realize how stupid you sound right.....
Jesus Christ was a "jew" that makes every christian also a jew.......
there is no such thing as your or my people...we aare practically the same....

where i come from there are people who wouldnt think twice before killing a christian or a jew because we both believe in moses, abraham etc....and no they are not jehadis...

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]jpratt3rd[/nom]Another story not about tech, but about a liberal promoting some 'cause' instead.[/citation]

You did see the part at the top of the page that says "Tom's Guide - web life" right???

Status
Not open for further replies.