Gear VR Hits Best Buy, Health Disclaimers Abound

Status
Not open for further replies.

hr_sto

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014
Works only with Galaxy Note 4? No open API for migration to other devidec, desktop, smart tv? Good, shoot yourselves in the foot, idiots. Market will be dominated by someone else while you watch from the outside.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Works only with Galaxy Note 4? No open API for migration to other devidec, desktop, smart tv? Good, shoot yourselves in the foot, idiots. Market will be dominated by someone else while you watch from the outside.
Maybe you should try to think on why this limit is there? How many other QHD phones has Samsung released? Using this with a standard HD or Full HD display really wouldn't be the same.

hr_sto

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014
Maybe, just maybe, let the consumer decide? Hmm? Makes sense? Market intelligence ring any bells? Becuz, if it wouldn't work like you predict it wouldn't, nobody will bother to do it, then Samsung wouldn't worry about it, would it? Market it as a "best with G. Note 4". So, why the limits? Not everyone has a goddamn Note 4, but A LOT would want an affordable VR glasses. Dunno, maybe Samsung doesn't like profit and maximum market exposure... or maybe they're just dumb?

Try and keep that in mind for yourself. In the future when other big players enter this market, you'll see how possible it would be for Samsung to open the devkit to the wild. Royalty free.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012

If they don't ensure the best quality on their products trolls complain about that. If they do ensure the best quality on their products trolls will still complain. The thing you're looking for is called Google Cardboard, and it's honestly not very good.

The GS6 will also support Gear VR. Again, using a (half) HD display 1½ inches from your face is not a very pleasant experience.

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Someone should make an app that purposely makes you sick and encourages you to throw up, rather than avoiding it. I could use that during some hangovers. I could never get the finger down the throat to work.

bit_user

Distinguished
Herald
Jan 20, 2010
There are non-prescription drugs designed to induce vomiting (intended for use on small children who eat/drink something toxic).

But perhaps you just need to use more fingers and go deeper. It has worked for me, when I've been sick and just wanted to get it over with.

Of course, moderation is going to be your best option. Alcohol consumption causes brain shrinkage, in addition to all the other damage and consequences I'm sure you already know.

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013

I was just joking around.

Considering how much research is going into how not to make users puke, it could potentially give someone the tools to intentionally cause their audience to puke. Pretty crazy. Though I'm not sure there would be much of an audience for such a game, it would be an interesting way to invoke real world consequences for in-game actions. Maybe a trivia game that starts making you more and more nauseous if you give the wrong answers, or a multiplayer game that starts inducing more nausea the more you get hit.

Or maybe a malicious hacker could mess with your Gear VR and get you to puke.

Status
Not open for further replies.