Geforce 960M kernel crash loop?

Zewbacca

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
Seen this mentioned a couple times on various forums but none of the fixes people suggested have worked for me yet. Picked up a Dell i7559-763BLK about a month ago so I could play while away from my Desktop. Worked perfectly for a while, then I made the mistake of updating the drivers and started getting a constant kernel crash and recovery loop, which it seems a lot of people have. Tried a couple different drivers, none helped, so I downloaded the original driver package from Dell, used DDU to remove all my current drivers, and installed what was originally on there. Given it worked before with these drivers, figured that would solve the problem, but no luck. Then I just used the Windows 10 'Reset PC' option to reload from scratch, same issue. Anytime I launch anything it either gives me that crash loop or BSODs, and most of the time it'll still do it randomly even when i'm not playing anything. Any ideas, or is my brand new laptop screwed? I'm currently running 353.82.

UPDATE: After a clean install, I can get a couple games running for about half an hour before they crash. I've noticed that in the minute or so before the kernel error, my fans kick into overdrive, and for about a minute or two after the game crashes, I lose internet connection, for some reason.

Hi,

I would suggest doing a clean install of Windows 10 and see if the same problem will persist or not. If your laptop came with a System Recovery disc do run it to completely reinstall Windows 10.

You can also create a bootable Windows 10 yourself, here's how:
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2745957/create-windows-installation-usb-drive-dvd.html

And here's a completely guide to install Windows 10:
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569562/install-windows.html

If reinstalling Windows 10 will also not solve the problem, do contact Dell for a repair specially if it's still under the factory warranty.

Zewbacca

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016

Tried doing a clean install, installed the drivers using the driver packages from Dell's website for this specific laptop model, still doing the same thing when I try to launch games.

TRENDING THREADS